Maroon and percula clown compatibility

ianmphua

• SRC Member

My maroon clown has outgrown its current tank and i’m looking to move it into my 3ft reef tank. The problem is that there is currently a pair of percula clowns who have been living in that tank for more than a year already.

Would this be an issue? I know maroon clowns are extremely aggressive but since it’s going to be added in last, i think it may not be as aggressive towards the perculas? And i’m hoping the perculas won’t go after it as well. My tank has an abundance of rbta so that should help slightly giving them separate territories.

Would like to hear any advice and whether or not i should go ahead with this transfer, thanks!

Sent from Singapore Reef Club mobile app

• SRC Member

Actually I want to ask about this also coz want try to put another type of clownfish too ..
Maybe u can try put a separate hanging box with the new fish together with anemone than let the other clownfish know that another clownfish is coming in the same tank sooner….
See whether the old clownfish on the tank attack from outside or not …..
but only scared if they mating each other …

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• SRC Member

Not advisable. My maroon clown killed bigger fishes like coral beauty in my 4ft tank. . It bullied my 2 African clowns and forced them to a corner. Maroon clown is best kept as one species in a tank.

Sent from my MI MAX 3 using Tapatalk