Advance Dive

yus75

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Orpheus: The wreck dive's free adventure dives, do they come with training? Or just go and do it?

Adventure dives are training dives. During Adventure dives, you will be taught the same thing as you are taking your PADI Advanced Open Water course. The only difference is that instead of doing 5 Adventures dives on one trip, you are breaking them up.

In this way, you will not feel the pressure of "on course". It would be more of leisure diving, plus one or two trianing dives.

Orpheus,

Where is Bwerhala Wreck? Is that in Thailand or Malaysia?

I'm keen... What's the total number of dive?

Yazid;

Bwerhela wreck is situated about four hours away from Tioman. We will be doing two to three dives on the wreck, dependent on the condition.

This wreck should be interesting for most. It is actually a WWII Japanese frigate, and it is quite intact. The guns are still mounted there.

The total number of dives is actually unlimited for this trip. But usually, based on past experience, we can usually to about 5 - 7 dives a weekend. Too much dives, it will be tiring not only for you, but for me too :snore:

• SRC Member
wooowwwww!

cool sia..

Orpheus:

k so if we go fer the wreck, we'll be doing 1/5 of our advanced? we gonna need 4 more adventure rite? correct me if i'm wrong... realli blur leh.. :huh:

on advance course, 2 compulsory dives are deep and navigation. Thus, if u do wreck + these two dives, u are left with probably nite and drift or PPB (peak performance buoyancy or multi-level diving... hope that helps to clarify your question. :D

wah.. WWII ship wreck.. me keen leh.. is it LOB aka live on board?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

LOB is Liveonboard.

And yes, if you do a wreck adventure dive, you are effectively left with 4 more adventure dives before getting your Advanced Certification.

But on this Bwerhela Wreck, I can even conduct one more Adventure dive for you (FOC) if you are interested.

• SRC Member
But on this Bwerhela Wreck, I can even conduct one more Adventure dive for you (FOC) if you are interested.

this wreck trip, i mean ship wreck trip, is it a LOB?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
LOB is Liveonboard.

And yes, if you do a wreck adventure dive, you are effectively left with 4 more adventure dives before getting your Advanced Certification.

cant the advance include the wreck dives??? :ph34r::ph34r: me prefer to take advance in one trip so no need to tink anymore wen to complete the rest of the trg if takin adventure dive........ ;););)

• SRC Member
cant the advance include the wreck dives??? :ph34r:  :ph34r: me prefer to take advance in one trip so no need to tink anymore wen to complete the rest of the trg if takin adventure dive........ ;)  ;)  ;)

hmm.. another adventure foc... tempting... heheehe.. yah but agree wif yus... i tink the other method is better rite... prefer to get it all done n over wif..

• SRC Member

I'm going to sign up for Bwerhala Wreck. Anyone else going?

Since it will be a max of 7 dives (2xAdventure dive and 5xleisure dive).

• SRC Member

I don't like the idea to get AO in one weekend. I don't get to see much as I'm "under supervision".

I'll take the alternative route (Adventure Diver) and enjoy my leisure dive.

• SRC Member

Norman,

FOC for Adventure dive :rolleyes:. I think Orpheus got the idea. :D. I think Adventure dive can be package together as leisure dive except for the core dive

that need a little bit of theory.

• SRC Member
I don't like the idea to get AO in one weekend. I don't get to see much as I'm "under supervision".

I'll take the alternative route (Adventure Diver) and enjoy my leisure dive.

AOW is very much similar to leisure already.. except that u do deep dives and other form of dives. trust me.. u wun feel like u are under supervision or that sort. probably only during the navigation and deep dives that u will feel "supervised".. otherwise, it is like leisure.. but do take note of the briefing prior to the dive. U will then know what u are going to experience. Briefing is impt and do take note.

actually, it is good to read up on the type of dives first prior to the actual thing.. u will learn more then just diving then learn the theory of it.. to me, that is useless already.. u would have to go thru another time to know what it means.