Advance Dive

yus75

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I'm interested but I need to let me pocket recover first.

And need to get some gears first. Think Advance only provide u with BC and regulator. The rest need to use your own or rent. Well, at least thats what i read from orpheus website.

• SRC Member
I'm interested but I need to let me pocket recover first.

And need to get some gears first. Think Advance only provide u with BC and regulator. The rest need to use your own or rent. Well, at least thats what i read from orpheus website.

yala bro.....usually use ur own equipment if possible except bc n regulator......since time r closin soon b4 monsoon not too sure if enough time or not........prefer to go to redang than tioman :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .......u guyz shld knoe y ya...... :angel::angel::angel:

• SRC Member

yala bro.....usually use ur own equipment if possible except bc n regulator......since time r closin soon b4 monsoon not too sure if enough time or not........prefer to go to redang than tioman :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: .......u guyz shld knoe y ya...... :angel::angel::angel:

redang might be better but i think its better to spend less and complete the Advance first and leave Redang for leisure dive. after all, u will be doing the skills instead of looking at corals and fishes. rite ?

anyway, see how it goes, might not have enuf time like u say. and dunno got enuf $$ after getting all the gears......

• SRC Member

redang might be better but i think its better to spend less and complete the Advance first and leave Redang for leisure dive. after all, u will be doing the skills instead of looking at corals and fishes. rite ?

anyway, see how it goes, might not have enuf time like u say. and dunno got enuf $$ after getting all the gears......

hehehe yea u r right.....trg 1st then look for fish......but cant resist the water at redang.....i mean its much2 better than tioman.......but tioman is time saving n cheaper n more easy to get hehehehe

bout the gear got quite a good deal at orpheus... 199SD but i kinda forgot wats in it, fins, snorkel, mask, mesh bag? :unsure:

• SRC Member

Ok guys. Since we are into this...

I'll start planning the dive and course for the entire of next year. Need to budget for the dive that means no more expense on my reef tank (the AquaC EV-240 will be my last purchase) and no more boat fishing for next year. Come to think of it, this year expense on my reef tank can financial support me to Sipadan twice and all those fishing trips can buy me a gear.

Meanwhile, we can still squeeze a leisure dive before the monsoon.

What say Sept?

• SRC Member

getting personal gear will mean that u will not need to or lessen the chances of having to get adjusted to the new equipment each time u dive.. for my advance, i bought all my basic gear minus reg and bc... would like to join u fellas for leisure in sept but i'm going to US.. :P to see mickey mouse and snow white.. hehehe..

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

opps.. i forgot this.. when u wearing new gear like wetsuit, booties etc, rem to put at least 1 more weight inside your belt for 2-3 dives.. then take it out. if not, u will be very buoyant.. and wondering why.. the reason for this is to let the suit get compressed by the water pressure and force all the micro bubbles inside to escape.. and at the same time, conform to your body shape.

If after taking 1 or 2 more weights, u find that u cannot submerge, take batu (dead rocks).. hahaha.. that is wat i did.. :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

I think there's no hurry to get advance lah, esp if you just completed OW. I think the prob with PADI is that you can easily get more and more C-Cards just by paying money, Naui requires you to complete a certain number of leisure dives before you can go for advance, and the reasoning I agree with, is that its a lot safer to upgrade your skills after you really mastered the previous level's one. cuz while diving is quite easy, whether you mastered the skills or not shows when something bad happens (touch wood) and if you aren't zai yet, you'll sure panic. Anyhow most leisure dives are within OW limits, like redang you want to go deeper than 20m also like no sites, only thing you can't go nite diving.

• SRC Member
I think there's no hurry to get advance lah, esp if you just completed OW. I think the prob with PADI is that you can easily get more and more C-Cards just by paying money, Naui requires you to complete a certain number of leisure dives before you can go for advance, and the reasoning I agree with, is that its a lot safer to upgrade your skills after you really mastered the previous level's one. cuz while diving is quite easy, whether you mastered the skills or not shows when something bad happens (touch wood) and if you aren't zai yet, you'll sure panic. Anyhow most leisure dives are within OW limits, like redang you want to go deeper than 20m also like no sites, only thing you can't go nite diving.

hi bros......so u guys here usually from padi??? hmm im takin from naui.....but i guess its all depends on the instructor tat teach u wat need to be done n not....like how to do decompression correctly n rest time b4 next dive........afterall our life is more impt than the scenery underwater........ :):):)

• SRC Member

yup I learnt with PADI too! Well its just that in magazines and online forums I would read about really horrible incidents where the diver survived only cuz of his experience underwater. So I"m always worried when pple rush off to complete all their certs just to experience everything about diving, not realising each time they dive, they are literally risking their lives! Personally I really enjoy the feeling itself of diving, being weightless (haha so rare a feeling), floating headfirst looking into crevices, and simply swimming lazily to and fro, touching everything I see. Whether I see anything good or not is secondary, its oredi a pleasure just being in the water! You guys should try doing gymnastics underwater too, very fun, esp if there's nothing much to see!

btw I went to Sibu last weekend and viz wasn't very good, prob due to monsoon coming, not sure if the other east coast dive sites are the same but if you guys want to dive better do it really soon before it gets worse.

• SRC Member
yup I learnt with PADI too! Well its just that in magazines and online forums I would read about really horrible incidents where the diver survived only cuz of his experience underwater. So I"m always worried when pple rush off to complete all their certs just to experience everything about diving, not realising each time they dive, they are literally risking their lives! Personally I really enjoy the feeling itself of diving, being weightless (haha so rare a feeling), floating headfirst looking into crevices, and simply swimming lazily to and fro, touching everything I see. Whether I see anything good or not is secondary, its oredi a pleasure just being in the water! You guys should try doing gymnastics underwater too, very fun, esp if there's nothing much to see!

btw I went to Sibu last weekend and viz wasn't very good, prob due to monsoon coming, not sure if the other east coast dive sites are the same but if you guys want to dive better do it really soon before it gets worse.

hehehe wah u can do some gymnastic ya.....nvr try liao....if im tired n got noting else to c .....just sit at the seabed .....look at the fish swim here swim there...... :eyeblur::eyeblur:

Fully agreed! I am aching so badly to go diving!! :(

Better go soon or Malaysia will close season soon due to Monsoon. I was thinking of going down to Sabah to dive... whale shark season and they don't have monsoon weather... but it may rain every day though.. I remembered the last trip! Excellent macro life.

Okay, time to do some marketing to SRC members.

1. Getting Advanced Certification

2. Bwerhala Wreck

-------------------------------------------------

---

1. Getting Advanced Certification

---

There are two ways to get PADI Advanced Open Water Certfication. Method 1 is to sign up with any diveshop for PADI AOWC. This is the usual trend for Singaporeans.

But there is another way.

In order to get yourself certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver, you need 5 adventure dives, which two of them must be Deep Adventure and Underwater Navigation Adventure dives.

Which means that everytime u go diving, you can talk to the Instructor you want to go for a leisure dive and also u want to do 1/2 Adventure dives.

In this way, you are actually doing leisure dives and earning your Advanced Certification at the same time.

---

2. Bwerhala Wreck

---

We will be having a promotion for SRC members. For those who are interested in wrecks, try this.

Departure Date : 5 th Sept

Selling Price : $450 exc of gears

SRC Price : $370 with gears.

Freebies : Free Adventure dives (worth $160), Deep and Wreck Adventure dives.

Prices include all transport and food on board.

Actually, they are unrelated to the hobby trade.

Orpheus is my friend now... kekeke... dun make it so blatant lah... scully I see 30 diveshops start posting here...:D