looking for cheap chillers

ambystoma82

try the buy/sell section. Lots of guys letting go their chillers when upgrading. IF you dun mind a cheaper brands...a few of our sponsors have pretty good deals as well.

Personally, I am using a pacific cool .5hp chiller. Finds it good and reliable in cooling a 4ft tank with 500W MH.

• SRC Member

resun cheap... the old batch got a few problems.. but new batch no problems so faar and cooling capacity is quite good. If you looking for a chiller, Aquamarin at jalan kayu has Resun model in stock.. If looking for other brand they also can help u get... just pop down and tell them what chiller you want, they will order for you... good service...

Live and Let Live

• SRC Member
looking for cheap chillers

Atman CIRV400 - $500 plus modified with fox temp. controller $150 = Total $650

Bought at Yishun, It comes with only 1mth warranty which is as good as no warranty but becos its using a Mitsubishi compressor, I trust the compressor will not break down so easily...........test it on the spot before you cash and carry, I swop my set 3 times due to the faulty temp. sensor controller (instead of chiller it becomes a heater).

The stock temp. sensor is a screw up, dont depend on it.........get it modify & it will be a cheap and good Mitsubishi chiller.........I have used it on my 300L tank for 6mths already with 500W MH & 300W of internal pumps and powerheads, so far so good.......still very silent IMO.........when both MH are switch ON, it runs for 1.5hrs to bring down 1C & rest for 45mins............when only 1 MH on operation it runs for 45mins and rest for 1hr..........when both MH are OFF, it almost doesn't run at all.

At this price for a chiller, I'll probably buy an extra set to run concurrently as a backup and also to reduce the chilling time in future when my pocket is deep enough.

If your tank is more than 380L, this chiller may not be able to cope IMO. There's alot of chiller out there.........do a research and choose slowly..........the Atman CIRV400 is just an option for budgeted ppl like me :-)

Eric