Temperature Control and Countdown Timer...

victorp

• SRC Member

Found these 4-Digit Series Electronic Kits. Does anyone knows can they control switching on & off of mains (230VAC)? The Temperature Sensor with programmable limit has a thermistor; can it be replace or well-covered to prevent corrosion on the wires? Also, the Counter with programmable output is suitable for feeding time where you need to off your wavemaker and return pump especially plankton-based food.

• SRC Member

Let me clarify what I intend to use these 2 electronic circuits: the temperature sensor is to cut off the MH should the chiller fail and the water rises to a dangerous level, while the other counter is for stopping the return pump plus any non-controllable powerheads for a short while during feeding. Have you encountered at times you forgot to turn back on the equipment after feeding?

• SRC Member

Victorp,

This circuitry is good.

But you cannot use the relay given on the PCB to drive your MH on and off.

Cause these relay can only support up to 4A.

What I would suggest, use this relay to drive another high power Relay for switching the MH.

I wanna get one and modify it. :D

• SRC Member

Just use the output signal to activate a contactor.

There are lots of contactors out in the market with different coil voltage. Just select a coil voltage suitable to the output of the sensor unit and have a Amp rating of the contactor enough for a MH initial igniting current.

i have to go read up on yr website maybe can use it myself?!?! :angel::angel:

• SRC Member
Victorp,

Any updates on your circuitry ... looks good on the info you have provided ....might be thinking to DIY one for myself ..

Erm...please note that I do not work for the company Wintech.

Anyway, ZeRoC00l may be testing it - I am awaiting news from him.