Chronicles of A 6 footer

nim75sg

• SRC Member
:huh:

$700 is way too high.... :lol:

Mine only nearly $300 for the tank alone.

But luckily using those low consumption pumps if not higher.

Now only the lights and chiller contribute higher consumption.

<_<

Actually $700 is considered good for him. I really dunno how many tanks he's having now. Used to have 2x6ft and a few 2ft and 3ft tanks. Think he has 3x 6ft now... :lol: So $700 is quite alright.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Actually $700 is considered good for him. I really dunno how many tanks he's having now. Used to have 2x6ft and a few 2ft and 3ft tanks. Think he has 3x 6ft now...  :lol:  So $700 is quite alright.

Ekia .. you're right as $700 is reasonable considering the qty of tanks in operation. I think the main savings are from the Daeil and Artica Chiller including the low wattage Ocean Runner pumps.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member
When gona setup ur 5th 6ft tank? :lol: This time must buy even bigger gift for ur oc. :lol:

Not another 6ft tank otherwise got to sleep in the living room without a blanket. :lol:

Bro, seriously considering a 4ft setup ONLY for dwarf angels with soft corals. :)

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Another new toy which was bought from a recent trip in US to test the effectiveness of the GAC instead of estimating the timeframe to replace them.

IMO, all GACs are able to perform as the vendors claims but the effectiveness varies among the different brands in the forms of pellets, coconut based carbon, bituminous coal and lignite based carbons.

Since GAC available in the market varies considerably in price, but price is a poor predictor of effectiveness as some of the least expensive GACs outperformed those GACs costing nearly three times as much.

This kit is useful for those who are using Rowa Carbon, HydroCarbon-2, as the replacement cost is much costlier.

With this kit one can either test used or unused carbon with the tank water to determine the condition of the GAC by the number of drops from the "Blue" Regent supplied with the kit.

post-34-1115527074.jpg

aquatronica7na.gif

How You Make Them Feel.

• SRC Member

Not another 6ft tank otherwise got to sleep in the living room without a blanket. :lol:

Bro, seriously considering a 4ft setup ONLY for dwarf angels with soft corals. :)

Wah another tank. :lol:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

• SRC Member

Actually $700 is considered good for him. I really dunno how many tanks he's having now. Used to have 2x6ft and a few 2ft and 3ft tanks. Think he has 3x 6ft now... :lol: So $700 is quite alright.

Oh... If for all the tanks then i quite reasonable and cheap. I thought for that 6ft tanl alone. ;)

Anyway most consumption comes from the lightings and chiller. I am sure pumps and all those reactors only fetch min. :lol: