Anyone of u dosing calcium direct instead of kalk?

Hi all , would like to hear some comments from experience reefers ard.

Kalkwasser is used to maintain cal and alk , no doubt abt that.... but as my tank is only a 2.5 ft , a dosage of kalk( mixed accordingly to Aquapharm pur Kalk of 3 L) and dosing via a dripper , usually results in increase in water level , and thus diluting my seawater , causing a drop in salinity( some thing I detest happening).

Was thinking that instead of dosing kalk , i dose concentrate cal ( ionic) periodically to maintain the cal level , in addition to weekly monitoring of alk and correction... wat u guyzs think or anyone doing this?

Also , magnesium is another issue to take note and mine is forever depleting fast... anyone of u actually uses the seachem magnesium and dose via the dripper method?

Would like to hear from u guyzs how u all go abt mainting CAL , ALK and MG.

:unsure::thanks:

• SRC Member

it's not that i dun support liquid calcium, but i just find it ex. in the long run....

there are 2 types of calcium replenish pdts (powder form) in the market, for e.g. reefez hav calcium plus and kalkwasser, kalk u noe wat issit, ca plus is to raise instead of maintain Ca... therefore, IMO, u shld top up ur water acc to the volume of evaporation by using kalk.

At intervals of days /wk, u can add calcium plus / carbonate (reef builder) if u find ur Ca or alk at a low level (thru test kits)... as time goes by, u shld be able to derive a pattern of dosage for ur tank.... ;)