6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

Hi Linkinpark, do you have any kids?? No offence but by looking at your tank I can tell you are a hardcore reef lover...... Can I ask till date how much exactly have you spent so far? :lol:

Prepares I should not intervene your personal hobby but to be very honest I am also a hardcore reef lover but assume the amount of effort and money you put in to have such a successful reef tank is almost equivalent to the amount that enable to spend for your kid's future eduction enhancement...... :lol:

Hope you are don't get offended but I'm just trying to share my views as previously I was reprimanded by friends and colleagues for the amount that I put in my tank..... It's really disappointing and shameful to recall......

Cheers

:lol:

What Matters Is Not By Comparing Ourselves With Others

What We Can Do For Others Matters Most

• SRC Member
Hi Linkinpark, do you have any kids?? No offence but by looking at your tank I can tell you are a hardcore reef lover...... Can I ask till date how much exactly have you spent so far?  :lol:

I am the only kid as well as husband. I have split personality :P

So far I have only spend a few hundred bucks. This is what I would like my wife to believe ;) as she has short memory. But afterall, she is a hobbyist too & she bought more than what she would allow me to buy. :lol:

Prepares I should not intervene your personal hobby but to be very honest I am also a hardcore reef lover but assume the amount of effort and money you put in to have such a successful reef tank is almost equivalent to the amount that enable to spend for your kid's future eduction enhancement......  :lol:

I spent very little time meddling with the tank (for eg for past 1 week, I have only put my hand into the tank once, for @ half an hour). Once the system stabilised & mature, I just need to check parameter once or twice a week, change water once a week or two. These discipline, being routine & repetitive, become part of my life and can be accomplished in a short time.

My wife & I spend more time watching the fishes and coral, as well as feeding them, chit chatting with the sandbed :rolleyes:

Hope you are don't get offended but I'm just trying to share my views as previously I was reprimanded by friends and colleagues for the amount that I put in my tank..... It's really disappointing and shameful to recall...... Cheers :lol:

Don't worry as I am not offended. I just do what I enjoy within my means. :D

Once you do the right things from the beginning, you will have less problems & maintenance and have more time to enjoy watching the tank, regardless hardcore or not. ;) I have very good friends who are dedicated reefers as well as successful family man :D .

Hobby, family, career & friendship can co-exist and complement each other ;) if you can psycho your wife to love the hobby. My wife loves the hobby, linkin park, green day, good charlotte, gorillaz, simple plan. BRAIN WASHING is VITAL ;)

• SRC Member
if you can psycho your wife to love the hobby. My wife loves the hobby, linkin park, green day, good charlotte, gorillaz, simple plan. BRAIN WASHING is VITAL 

:bow::bow::bow::lol::lol:

and no need to thank me la.. just happen to chance upon it only nia.. ;)

• SRC Member
Hobby, family, career & friendship can co-exist and complement each other ;) if you can psycho your wife to love the hobby. My wife loves the hobby, linkin park, green day, good charlotte, gorillaz, simple plan. BRAIN WASHING is VITAL ;)

:lol::lol: Good one!

Wishing my tank will one day be as vibrant as your's! :P

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• 2 months later...