Anyone give/sell 1 feet PL?

dandelion76

• SRC Member
Hi Reefers,

Any kind soul giving/selling 2nd hand 1 feet PL lights? Am looking a cheap cheap one for my refugium.

Please PM me if you have any offer.

get the hang on type from petmart. less than $20. 11w.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

get the hang on type from petmart. less than $20. 11w.

Are u refering to those hang at the back type? I bought that once before and it doesnt last long. Cannot kept it switched on for a long time. What happened to mine was that the wires and the switch melted, :cry: guess its too hot

• SRC Member

Are u refering to those hang at the back type? I bought that once before and it doesnt last long. Cannot kept it switched on for a long time. What happened to mine was that the wires and the switch melted, :cry: guess its too hot

wah sounds scary... :shock:

Even a 11w PL can melt wire ah? Should I get FL then .... <_<

• SRC Member

wah sounds scary... :shock:

Even a 11w PL can melt wire ah? Should I get FL then .... <_<

I have the same problem last time with some brands.. most of the time it is the ballast giving the problem. If you insisted on buying then do consider the OceanFree brand clip on type. So far no problem for me. :)

• SRC Member
owder Blue,Oct 20 2004, 01:47 PM

I have the same problem last time with some brands..  most of the time it is the ballast giving the problem.  If you insisted on buying then do consider the OceanFree brand clip on type.  So far no problem for me.  :)

Thanks for sharing. Will do that when buying.

• SRC Member
Hi Reefers,

Any kind soul giving/selling 2nd hand 1 feet PL lights? Am looking a cheap cheap one for my refugium.

Please PM me if you have any offer.

I got myself setup less than 10bucks ...using the screw type ccompact light holder...YOu can get the light clip bracket at any major diy electrical sshop...eh mustaffa.. Using it for 1/2 a year now...looks ok.you can even switch the screw bulbs rating as u wan...im using about 18w..now... so bulb plus the bulb bracket/clip arnd $12 approx.

• SRC Member

I got myself setup less than 10bucks ...using the screw type ccompact light holder...YOu can get the light clip bracket at any major diy electrical sshop...eh mustaffa.. Using it for 1/2 a year now...looks ok.you can even switch the screw bulbs rating as u wan...im using about 18w..now... so bulb plus the bulb bracket/clip arnd $12 approx.

Cool.... :peace: Thank you for sharing....

I was thinking of doing that also... first come to my mine was the study lamp by IKEA.. think it's around $5 or so.. then add a PL bulb total will be around $10 onli (adjustable some more...but might rust later :nc: ) This will remains an option at moment, as I think a 1 feet hang on PL will look neater :rolleyes:

Btw bro are you using Philips Cold Daylight PL bulb? I read a post here saying this bulb is suitable for used in the refugium.

Opps.. this thread is more like a DIY thread liao.... will I get tick tok from AT :fear: