Aquapharm Cure-Ich

• SRC Member
Let us know what you need, I am sure there will be reefers here willing to help.

PM me if you need my 2 cents. ;)

nice to have u ard Gouldian!

gosh... really not confident neh.. juz now see my tang under the light.. like got 1 or 2 small poker dot wor.. :( i got softies in here neh.. i gota bring them out during hypo ah? sigh.. no place to house them neh.. think muz keep them in the fridge le.. :P who would wana come my hse and help me wor? :pinch:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Hi Lin,

if you need a temperary tank of 1.5ft complete with FL lighting I can lend you 1 and 1 Ehiem hang on filter liberty 200. how's that?

cheers

MOxa

:bow::thanks: for ur reply..

1.5ft? think abt same as my nano last time..hmm.. now was used by my mummy!! she got 2nemo in there.. i gota leave my 2ft fishless ah? how ah? then my 5 fishes ned to go to the 1.5ft?(counting) then my 1.5 ft got 7 fish altogether ah?? PENGZ.. then softies how ah? how arh? *scratch head* <_<

• SRC Member
forget to look at your fishes list

were Maroon Clown & Four stripe Damsel wack yr Nemo upside down ???? haha..

cheers

Moxa

my marroon carrry her cane to wack those ard.. she sotted de lar.. anyone oso muz wack de.. she wack four stripe for 1yr+.. imagine that?? chasing ard like so fun to them.. like see kids playing catching sia.. tsk tsk tsk... cant get all fish in such small tank rite? sure up lorry de wor.. :ph34r:

:bow::thanks: for ur reply..

1.5ft? think abt same as my nano last time..hmm.. now was used by my mummy!! she got 2nemo in there.. i gota leave my 2ft fishless ah? how ah? then my 5 fishes ned to go to the 1.5ft?(counting) then my 1.5 ft got 7 fish altogether ah?? PENGZ.. then softies how ah? how arh? *scratch head* <_<

I also encounter the problem getting another tank to treat my fishes until I read a past issue of Reef Keeping magazine, the author stress the important of having an Quaratine Tank and gave several suggestions.

In the end, I ended in Carrefour buying one of those plastic tub from Toyogo. As per suggested, the QT can be clean and kept away from sight until needed.

As for nitrifying bacteria, the author have suggested to keep one simple air filter constantly running in your main tank sump so that when needed to start up the QT, all you need to do is to transfer the air filter into the QT and it should have enough bacteria to sustain the tank.

The most important reason why I decided on a plastics tub is of cause pricing and the fact that I can use it as storage with I don't need it.

Another thing about having a QT is that after you having to go through so much (Tearing the tank down, catching out all fishes) to ensure that your tank is Ich-free, you keep it Ich-free by have proper QT to your new additions. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
I also encounter the problem getting another tank to treat my fishes until I read a past issue of Reef Keeping magazine, the author stress the important of having an Quaratine Tank and gave several suggestions.

In the end, I ended in Carrefour buying one of those plastic tub from Toyogo. As per suggested, the QT can be clean and kept away from sight until needed.

As for nitrifying bacteria, the author have suggested to keep one simple air filter constantly running in your main tank sump so that when needed to start up the QT, all you need to do is to transfer the air filter into the QT and it should have enough bacteria to sustain the tank.

The most important reason why I decided on a plastics tub is of cause pricing and the fact that I can use it as storage with I don't need it.

Another thing about having a QT is that after you having to go through so much (Tearing the tank down, catching out all fishes) to ensure that your tank is Ich-free, you keep it Ich-free by have proper QT to your new additions. ;)

:bow: instruction takan.. notes made.. will go hypo if the tank is outta hands.. thks bros for all the reply.. will keep u guys update if u wana noe futher.. CheeRs~

• SRC Member
The trick to combating ich is to treat as early as the sympton appears. You wait till you try other unproven methods and the problem gets too serious then hyposalinity also cannot save :P

:thanks: weileong

today Goudian juz saw my tank.. he mention it shld be alright.. not veri serious type :P .. he has suggest a few method thou.. all i ned now is to observe closely.. :blink:

:thanks: weileong

today Goudian juz saw my tank.. he mention it shld be alright.. not veri serious type :P .. he has suggest a few method thou.. all i ned now is to observe closely.. :blink:

Hi Lin,

Thank you for the invitation. What I have observed is that your are not actually plague with Ich but rather "new tank syndrom". This is due to the fact that we Singaporean always wanted things fast and in doing so sacrifice the time needed for nature to take its due cause ie cycling. ;)

Thus as per suggested, you should ensure that you slow down on your stocking for the time being to let your system have an opportunity to mature. After which, you should practice good acclimatising and preventing dip whenever you add new stock to prevent introduce unnecessary parasites into your tank. ;)

Wish you all the best! :D:D:D

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
Hi Lin,

Thank you for the invitation. What I have observed is that your are not actually plague with Ich but rather "new tank syndrom". This is due to the fact that we Singaporean always wanted things fast and in doing so sacrifice the time needed for nature to take its due cause ie cycling. ;)

Thus as per suggested, you should ensure that you slow down on your stocking for the time being to let your system have an opportunity to mature. After which, you should practice good acclimatising and preventing dip whenever you add new stock to prevent introduce unnecessary parasites into your tank. ;)

Wish you all the best! :D:D:D

Gee! thks thks.. noted taken.. :bow: expert at work i shld say.. more to learn frm u.. got lobang muz call me hor.. next time i wana intro fishes muz ask u 1st for suggestion le.. :bow: Got chance muz see ur tank le.. :lol:

Gee! thks thks.. noted taken.. :bow: expert at work i shld say.. more to learn frm u.. got lobang muz call me hor.. next time i wana intro fishes muz ask u 1st for suggestion le.. :bow: Got chance muz see ur tank le.. :lol:

Hi Lin,

I am no expert leh, also learning and taking guidance from the experts here. Comparing to them, I am nothing. :eyeblur:

I will keep you posted when I go for my rounds next time. ;)

My tank ah, now still going fallow thus full of unsightly algae. Will start taking pixs to post here when I have more time and also when my AT arrived. :D You are also welcome to drop-by my place provided you dun mind the distance. :P

Take care my friend........ :peace:

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
I will keep you posted when I go for my rounds next time. ;)

My tank ah, now still going fallow thus full of unsightly algae. Will start taking pixs to post here when I have more time and also when my AT arrived. :D You are also welcome to drop-by my place provided you dun mind the distance. :P

Take care my friend........ :peace:

sure!! shall see when u are inviting me over.. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

Hi Lin,

Just wanted to know r u still using this ICh cure? I'm currently using it but it don't seems to work well as some of my fishes r getting white spot but dont seems to be recover.

I am thinking of hyposalinity but have problem fishing them out worry may stress them more. :unsure:

• SRC Member

i really believe tat u cannot just put a new fish into the tank, i tot my tank ok liao, then without me knowing, my bro bought a new fish and just throw it..

sux... the itch come back again...

look like going to drop the SG again..

no more new fish for me

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Lin,

Just wanted to know r u still using this ICh cure? I'm currently using it but it don't seems to work well as some of my fishes r getting white spot but dont seems to be recover.

I am thinking of hyposalinity but have problem fishing them out worry may stress them more. :unsure:

Hi dleecool,

If you are really having ich in your main tank and there are inverts in it too, the only option you have is to:

1. Dismantle the tank

2. Catch out all fishes to a QT tank for Hypo-salinity treatment

3. Let the main tank go without fish (fallow) for 6-8 weeks

I myself have experienced the tedious job twice. Bo Pian........ :cry:

Wish you all the best. :)

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

i really believe tat u cannot just put a new fish into the tank, i tot my tank ok liao, then without me knowing, my bro bought a new fish and just throw it..

sux... the itch come back again...

look like going to drop the SG again..

no more new fish for me

Hi iori del,

Actually, as you progresses in this hobby, you will notice that our seniors are very particular when introducing new fishes in their tank.

This is due to the fact that once you painstakingly maintain an ich-less tank, the last thing you would want is to introduce a new stock that harbour the parasites and infect your tank.

Thus it is only prudent for us to practice:

1. Acclimatisation

2. Dipping

3. QT

For you case, if your bro have resisted the urge of introducing the newcomer into your tank, you would not need to worry liao. :eyeblur:

For me, I also have learn it the hard way until I learn from the seniors here that what mentioned in the books are to be followed if you want a problem-free hobby. :P

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member

hi Gouldian, i had yelled at my bro as i have just got a Achillies Tang and wat he have done is very very dangerous. MY little cute At have eaten brine shrimp and all the food like a pig within 1 hr when i release it in a tank.. Really hope tat the itch will leave him alone.

Will try to my to lower the SG and get better equipment..

maybe i should have gone into coral only tank if my AT and idol are killed by the itch.

As i have learn the hard way liao, i set up a small tank for all the new fish to stay for 6 week b4 they can enter the tank.Hope it help

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear iori del,

I wouldn't reccommend you lowering your SG if you have inverts in your tank - it will stress or even kill your inverts which will in turn deteriorate your water.

Lower of SG can only be done if you are having a fish only tank.

That's why Hypo can only be done outside the main tank in a QT tank.

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
Dear iori del,

I wouldn't reccommend you lowering your SG if you have inverts in your tank - it will stress or even kill your inverts which will in turn deteriorate your water.

Lower of SG can only be done if you are having a fish only tank.

That's why Hypo can only be done outside the main tank in a QT tank.

hi Gouldian,

Thanks for the reply. for the fish i love, i will to remove all the coral and either give it to my friend or sell away. nothing left liaoz..

I will do it once more and hopefully can kill them off.

BTW how yr tank? treatment ending??

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

Hi dleecool,

If you are really having ich in your main tank and there are inverts in it too, the only option you have is to:

1. Dismantle the tank

2. Catch out all fishes to a QT tank for Hypo-salinity treatment

3. Let the main tank go without fish (fallow) for 6-8 weeks

I myself have experienced the tedious job twice. Bo Pian........ :cry:

Wish you all the best. :)

Thanks for advice, I hope to struggle for another week and see, if the situation getting worse I might have to do as wat u recommend. :cry2:

First I like to apologise as I sound like an old man already :P

1. There's two way to deal with ich, one is to just leave it and pray and at the same time feed garlic etc.

2. The other way is hyposalinity or copper.

3. And of course using some unproven reef-safe medication.

Usually some pple try 1. and then wait and wait and the ich gets too serious, by then if the fish still kicking then they try to apply hyposalinity treatment, at that stage already too late. Remember the hyopsalinity do not target the parasites attached to the fish, more parasites will still affect the fish.

So want to use hypo then do it ASAP :P

• SRC Member
Hi Lin,

heed weileong and gouldian advice, mine boh standard one wor.. :P weileong is best person to speak to for hypo.. B)

i had doze half bottle of this medi since(now no more le lar).. duno it works for u anot, u can always try.. and i had done tt in my main tank with the inverts in(it depends wat coral u got in there too).. the last time i had also used methlylene blue ON my tang(dun tell ppl ah) :P .. think tts y save him.. the rest of the fish, i juz doze the medi.. my cardinal got well wor(fin is back in action :P ) .. :rolleyes:

meanwhile dun stockup ur fish le.. or like gouldian said.. keep fishless tank at the moment? :P for that i cant afford lar.. :lol: u can always Pm me! Good luck ya! :peace: