Aquapharm Cure-Ich

• SRC Member

Hi Hi

will intro this medication later, would like to hear frm those who had tried and pls advice me..

1) do i use this solution directly into the main tank? or rather in the quarantine tank?

2) if lets say it can b use in the main tank, do i have to remove my matrixcarbon and my poly filter?

ich is getting worst.. my blue tang is kinda cured, now my damsel got it.. argh~~

Pls Advice~ :thanks::thanks::thanks:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member
Hi Hi

will intro this medication later, would like to hear frm those who had tried and pls advice me..

1) do i use this solution directly into the main tank? or rather in the quarantine tank?

2) if lets say it can b use in the main tank, do i have to remove my matrixcarbon and my poly filter?

ich is getting worst.. my blue tang is kinda cured, now my damsel got it.. argh~~

Pls Advice~ :thanks::thanks::thanks:

quite a good product but sadly my itch overcome it.

thanks to the bro here i do a hypo-sal and hahah all the damn itch are dead..

any coral in yr tank?

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

All medication will cause an imbalance to the system, especially when U have to remove the carbon & off the skimmer for it to be moer effective.

I used this product before but it causes a big disruption to my system that it almost `up-lorry'.

If Ur blue tang is cured & now the damsel has it then I suggets U stop medication as damsels are pretty hardy to ich & it should be gone in few days time.

As for me I have given up on medication & will just let the itch be until it dissappear since it will any-o-how come back to infect Ur lifestock.

As long as Ur fishes are feeding U should be more than happy as animals, at times, are just like us human......as long we consume good food, live in a clean environment.......we should be more tolerant to diseases.....

Trylah....don shy..... :lol:

• SRC Member

quite a good product but sadly my itch overcome it.

thanks to the bro here i do a hypo-sal and hahah all the damn itch are dead..

any coral in yr tank?

i have mushroom and zoo in the tank.. i had remove tt damsel le.. actually my B&G damsel got it, took him outta water with the Tang le... so wats next ah? :blink:

• SRC Member
All medication will cause an imbalance to the system, especially when U have to remove the carbon & off the skimmer for it to be moer effective.

I used this product before but it causes a big disruption to my system that it almost `up-lorry'.

If Ur blue tang is cured & now the damsel has it then I suggets U stop medication as damsels are pretty hardy to ich & it should be gone in few days time.

As for me I have given up on medication & will just let the itch be until it dissappear since it will any-o-how come back to infect Ur lifestock.

As long as Ur fishes are feeding U should be more than happy as animals, at times, are just like us human......as long we consume good food, live in a clean environment.......we should be more tolerant to diseases.....

Trylah....don shy..... :lol:

:lol: try wat way? i nv shy de wor.. :lol: my blue tang has no visible spot, but my damsel has it now.. now both in quarantine tank, dun dare to put my tang back.. coz later kena again i cham neh... all are eating real well.. one thing to worry is they are getting bigger day by day the way i m feeding them sia.. :lol:

So do i use tt solution in main tank or quarantine tank? or both neh?? :unsure:

• SRC Member

Hi Lin,

My experince before.

I dose in main tank directly in the past when I do not have coral at all.

Though i think the content say is reef safe but unless you want to take the risk.

If not move you coral out to another tank temperary before you dose the main tank.

Few things you can do.

1 If possible dose in the morning or when you can monitor them in every 3-4 hours (if you dose at night and go sleep dun know anything happen)

2 No lighting at these couples of days 3-5 days.

3. Do not dose any additives as well for these few days

4. soak garlic in food before feeding (mention before) but dun pour garlic direclty into main tank .This is not medicine

As mention dose when you can monitor them. Increase waterflow when dosing.

Yup carbon will absord medicine. What i did to shut off my return pump for 3 hours. However I have canister filter (no carbon or ploy filter inside) to increase water flow and add 1 powerful air stone during dosing

May them recover soon

cheers

Moxa

• SRC Member

Drop yr SG level to 1.008-1.010. yr itch will be cure.

maintain yr PH.

i have try all type of treatment and it is a waste of them.

Follow the step below.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=23770

Can tell u no regret.

After i drop my SG for 1 month, i have never ever see itch again.. of course u must not add new fishes..

Or if u want, use copper base medicine.

This 2 is the most useful method.

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member

If U want can dose small qty everyday....not too much or try not to follow the dosage printed on the packaging.

If quarantined liao than should be no problem.....dose as required for one day & feed not too much as there shouldnt be any carbon that will reduse the meds efficiency thus no other chemical removed in the process.

Within 2 to 3 days see how 's the result than add carbon to quarantine tank to remove previous meds before adding new dosage.

• SRC Member
i juz lost a Coral Beauty to ich today... acted too late

:o oh.. tts kinda sad.. i manage to save my blue tang.. i had place him in the main tank now, now only one of the damsel in the quarantine tank.. if most fish in main tank had ich again, i think i ned to to do a heavy hypo(which i m not confidence all this while)

pray hard for my fish~ ;)

• SRC Member

:o oh.. tts kinda sad.. i manage to save my blue tang.. i had place him in the main tank now, now only one of the damsel in the quarantine tank.. if most fish in main tank had ich again, i think i ned to to do a heavy hypo(which i m not confidence all this while)

pray hard for my fish~ ;)

DUn worry, i am like just u, feeling very scare to do it..

Then i got help from bro like weileong and hahah i manage to keep my FAV Power Blue Tang..

It is very very happy when u can get yr fav fish without itch..

GIve up liao!!!!!!!!!!!

• SRC Member
Hi Lin,

hw's the fish?

have a nice day

cheers

Moxa

hey moxa, thks for ur concern for my fishy...

blue tang in main tank now, he is now my sample.. got my blue and golden damsel out yesterday, my domino outta tank now, will observe the blue tang again, if he kena again, then think gota hypo the whole tank le.. :( (really no confidence u noe~) my maroon is so strong up to now.. <_< later will get my cardinal out.. his fin duno is kena attack or wat, kinda split @ top fin neh(always tot my bluefin has attack him, but duno his real problem now).. argh~~~ PROBLEM sia~~~~~ :cry2:

• SRC Member

blue tang in main tank now, he is now my sample.. got my blue and golden damsel out yesterday, my domino outta tank now, will observe the blue tang again, if he kena again, then think gota hypo the whole tank le.. :( (really no confidence u noe~) my maroon is so strong up to now.. <_< later will get my cardinal out.. his fin duno is kena attack or wat, kinda split @ top fin neh(always tot my bluefin has attack him, but duno his real problem now).. argh~~~ PROBLEM sia~~~~~ :cry2:

Hi Lin,

wish them a speedy recovery.

by the way juz curious. saw "1 Green Mandarin" in your signature.

how long u manage to kept it?

my previous Red Mandarin has adopted by kind bro Nicolasloh when i release cannot manage to keep it "fat fat" cos my tank was not mature enough with to supply copods and also not much live rock in by 2ft tank.

try baby live shrimp and mysis shrimp however still cannot make it so in the end put up for adoption

cheers

Moxa

• SRC Member
Hi Lin,

wish them a speedy recovery.

by the way juz curious. saw "1 Green Mandarin" in your signature.

how long u manage to kept it?

my previous Red Mandarin has adopted by kind bro Nicolasloh when i release cannot manage to keep it "fat fat" cos my tank was not mature enough with to supply copods and also not much live rock in by 2ft tank.

try baby live shrimp and mysis shrimp however still cannot make it so in the end put up for adoption

cheers

Moxa

hey moax

My domino and blue and gold damsel is gone!! :cry2: bluefin attack my polyps, my mom adopt him le.. soon my tank is damseless le.. manage to save my REGAL, cant save my DAMSEL... Lame rite? sigh..

My mandarine was frm my dad, what i can say is i love him so much.. he's not fat neh.. less than a mth only.. tis fish not easy as i had kept b4.. IF he is slimmer each day, i m goin to do sth le... :cry:

I HATE ICH!!! well, who likes anyway? :lol:

think i treat those damsel too late.. :cry2:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Go for hyposalinity. It wont kill the fish, on the contrary your fish will like it, appetite improve n less stressful. My fish are in the 7 weeks of hyposalinity treatment now, I've observed that the fish are more lively and their color improved. I think the treatment has improved their overall health by gradually removing the parasites/diseases from the fish.

List of things u need:

a. reflactometer if u can get one

b. Kh buffer

c. PH meter

d. wavemaker to ensure water movement

e. use "overnight" and well aerated water from main tank

f. food soaks with garlic / vitamin

g. overhead filter to remove access food n waste.

cheers

• SRC Member
Hi,

Go for hyposalinity. It wont kill the fish, on the contrary your fish will like it, appetite improve n less stressful. My fish are in the 7 weeks of hyposalinity treatment now, I've observed that the fish are more lively and their color improved. I think the treatment has improved their overall health by gradually removing the parasites/diseases from the fish.

List of things u need:

a. reflactometer if u can get one

b. Kh buffer

c. PH meter

d. wavemaker to ensure water movement

e. use "overnight" and well aerated water from main tank

f. food soaks with garlic / vitamin

g. overhead filter to remove access food n waste.

cheers

thks for the advice.. u noe wat, i really dun have confidence in doing hypo.. all i did now is change water.. used almost half bottle to cure the tank since 3wks ago.. sigh.. i got coral in tank, if gota do hypo, thinks they gota come out and i dun where to place them.. sigh... i see my tang still itchy scratchy once awhile... but he seems happier in main tank.. let him fight himself ba :pinch: .. still eat well on all food.. :lol: will keep u guys update if u wana noe..

:peace:

• SRC Member
I recently get a bottle of "Formula One" marine pellet (smallest type) which contains garlic and hopes it does good to the fishes. (increase immunity against inch)

cost $10 a bottle with 100g

cheers

Moxa

:thanks: moxa.. ya.. i read abt tt oso, with garlic!!...my fish pellet still alot neh.. i got too much fish food ard my hse, duno to get one anot, later the rest grow mushroom.. :lol: oh ya.. tt day got a reefer look at my tank, he say my fish not infected leh.. but i still see blue tang itchy scatchy sometime.. :pinch: i did not doze the medi for few days le.. hope he will be fine and win his WAR.. :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

The most reliable method is Hyposalinity, drop the salinity in the quarantine tank to 11ppt (1.008 SG). It seems that this is also useful to fishes with abrasions and damage to the mucus layer. The whole treatment process will take more than 30 days.

Hi Lin,

Sorry to hear that your tank is still infested with Ich. :(

Seriously, I reccomend you to do a Hypo-salinity treatment to your fishes in a seperate tank and leave you tank fallow (fish-less) for minimum 1 month. B)

I have tried several off-the-shelf reef-safe medications but it has never been able to effectively eradicated ich. What I feel is that "this" medicine can only suppress ich to the extent that your fishes have some form of immunity to ich.

So that is why when you add new fish or you have fishes that are very prone to ich, you will find that ich will re-surface.

Another thing to note is that when we do not see white spots on the fishes it does not mean that your tank is free from ich. This is because, ich have 3 life cycle - dormant (hidden on subtrate), free swimming (looking for host) and attach on fish (feeding). That's why sometimes when you think that you have overcome ich - it returns with a vengeance. :evil:

If you need help, please feel free to PM me.... ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

thks for the advice.. u noe wat, i really dun have confidence in doing hypo

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• SRC Member
My AT infested with itch and velvet... Caused both my sunburst to KO. Tried the product in my tank. Consist of SPS,LPS,softies and clams. 1 clam died. Rest are ok. Still monitoring.

i tot tis product cant use on clam? sharks and ray also? clam are sensitive wor.. btw, wats velvet ah? :unsure: