My 1st DIY on plastic-container-over flow

zarkon

• SRC Member

bro arent u worried that the plastic containers might be too flimsy?

i fear they may break under the weight of the water. wats more, e toilet test was done at a low height and since ur tank is taller (i assume), e weight will be so much more greater!

scary..... :P

Get Paid To Read Emails. Free To Join Now!

http://www.emailcashpro.com/?r=okdk11

• SRC Member

Problem list .. :P

1. The down flow tube need to be taller... why? no room to add in the duso pipe.Unless u put in the lower part.. sump?

2. Remember to use 25mm pipe instead of 20mm for the downward flow. Else too small to take the load of the overflow.

3. The plastic container acting as the 'brigde' between the tow tube... taller better.. more free play. Hmmm. Else nee to figure out the joint.

4. Seems like the 3 U pipe can handle up to 4000l flow rate. ( I think)

Concern about the load stress on the overflow DIY-plastic box... looks ok so far... this is not the take-away plastic container. Cheap but quite good. Else buy the more expensive one like 'lock & lock' cost about $3-$8. So far hav been running for about 9 days now.

Looking good :lol:

• SRC Member

Thanky Thanky. Next project will be the Coil Denitrator + the re-oxygenation blah blah area... expect another plastic container project. :lol::lol: ... Any just some idea that has been kicking around ever since Bro Yazid talk to me. :upsidedown:

" A hunting we will go, A hunting we will go.. hey hai merry o ... a tupperware to me to hold!"

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Some setback to this DIY.

If you refer to the middle module... the mod-toothbruch-holder-bridge.

It's too soft. The problem you might face with is during the drop of water level.

The inside container will get to light and this will force it to leave upwards.

Hence this might impact you break-off point.

post-9-1102306576.jpg