ideal number of fishes to keep in a 50Gallon tank

Eniram

Hey reefers what is the ideal number of fishes one should keep? can i keep a purple tank in a 2ft x 20" x 2ft ht tank?

should a chiller be used for a flame angel? heard these few days the shipments are form deeper region of hawaii so is it better for them?

there is no hard and fast rule to keeping the number of LS in ur tank. it depends on how well ur system is set up, how good ur filtration (biological, chemical & mechanical) is, swimming space for LS, size of LS, and many many more endless reasons. ;)

most LS could well survive without a chiller if the avg temp of ur tank is not 2 high and dun fluactuate 2 much. there r exception though, deep water fishes, e.g. cathalina goby will need temp of abt 25 deg to thrive in. dun think u can acheive a temp of 25 deg without a chiller unless u switch on ur A/C full blast. if u dun wish to hv a chiller, a fan might be ur next best option.

2 cents. :)

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

yea fan is one option but the topping up of water would effect the quality of the water and it would be unstable....is it advisable to buy a chiller for a 50 gallon tank?

yea fan is one option but the topping up of water would effect the quality of the water and it would be unstable....is it advisable to buy a chiller for a 50 gallon tank?

yes. esp if u plan to keep hard corals.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png