Resun FBR's round black cotton wool

junyong84

• SRC Member

hey guys, would like to know if you people use the black round cotton wool that comes together with it?

what is the function of it? how do you guys use it?

i was thinking of putting 1 on the bottom to slow down water flow and putting 1 on top to prevent the rowaphos from flowing out...

what do you guys do?

if you guys don't use the black round cotton wool, how do you guys prevent the rowaphos from flowing out?

just to add on, how do you connect the pipings for the FBR? use eheim wat diameter hoses? connect into the rubber outlet of the FBR or use the eheim hoses to cover up the rubber outlets?

• SRC Member

like posted in many threads here....if running rowa the flow rate has to be controlles as such that the rowa is just moving slightly at the surfce part.....there is no stopping any super fine particles from exiting the FR even if the flow is slow but at least the sponge will act as a barrier if U accidentally switch it too high.....

One bottom...one top....me..a bit kiasu....two at the top.....come with the FR lah...bought it from another refeer here......

• SRC Member

and also this:

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?...topic=21372&hl=

btw, you're right that one piece of the sponge stays at top to prevent outflow of rowa. and the bottom piece is to prevent rowa flowing into and blocking the air inlet.

• SRC Member

I bot a resun FBR 2 days ago and connected the water inlet to my chiller's outflow .

Initially caused a small storm in the sump. Later I place a piece a netting/stocking material over the outlet of the FBR to prevent the rowa dust from flowing out .

Anyone knows if the pump is being switch off, will it cause a back flow (in the inflow pipe) and hence cause rowa to be suck along with it . :thanks:

• SRC Member
I bot a resun FBR 2 days ago and connected the water inlet to my chiller's outflow .

Initially caused a small storm in the sump. Later I place a piece a netting/stocking material over the outlet of the FBR to prevent the rowa dust from flowing out .

Anyone knows if the pump is being switch off, will it cause a back flow (in the inflow pipe) and hence cause rowa to be suck along with it . :thanks:

Normally i will let then water to rise to the top of the reactor and shut it and wait for the dust to settle down before turning on again.It will in turn reduce the amount of dust to my tank.

• SRC Member

You need a 300 to 600 L/H flowrate pump and a check ball valve to control the input to the the FBF.

The rowa should just "dance" inside Resun FBF.

aquatronica7na.gif

People Will Forget What You Said.

People Will Forget What You Did.

But People Will Never Forget,

How You Make Them Feel.