Where to buy good and cheap SPS epoxy?

• SRC Member

Hi, can anyone tell me where to buy good and cheap SPS epoxy or super glue. Reef safe that is i asking for. I live near reborn area, any of the shops around are selling?

And also, how can i make my SPS colour appear? Initially, got a green acro. After few months, it became brown. But it is always growing. More small branches can be seen and also the old branches are growing longer. Can someone advice?

Also, i noticeed i had a warning % on the left side when i post a message. Am i kana warning. Sorry, newbie here dun know how the rules work.

Hi, can anyone tell me where to buy good and cheap SPS epoxy or super glue. Reef safe that is i asking for. I live near reborn area, any of the shops around are selling?

And also, how can i make my SPS colour appear? Initially, got a green acro. After few months, it became brown. But it is always growing. More small branches can be seen and also the old branches are growing longer. Can someone advice?

Also, i noticeed i had a warning % on the left side when i post a message. Am i kana warning. Sorry, newbie here dun know how the rules work.

Hmm what kind of lighting you using.... whats your water parameter like

• SRC Member

Keep ur nutrients low plus adequate lightings and the colours will come back........

Reborn sells the deltec brand purple coloured epoxy. Not cheap though.

Some reefers here has used Selley's knead it....quite OK, hardens fast. Just that I dun like the smell.

For SPS husbandry, you may want to look at the older threads....quite helpful to newbies. If you want the guys to help you out...please list down your tank details and equipment list first.

That is only for the member to see it...others are not able to see it. Yours is still at zero. Violation of SRC rules will get you some yellow cards and results in suspension of posting priviledges.....so do take some time to read it up.

Finally......Welcome to the Reefclub :peace:

• SRC Member

Hi, my parameters re as follows:

NO3 = 10

NO2 = 0

NH3 = 0

Calcium = 450

KH = 7

Phosphate = ??? (yet to be tested)

Lighting = 2Xactinic & 2Xwhite(all are T5 and from AquaZ)

Skimmer = macro AS100

Sump = bigger by main tank(~ 20 litres more)

Chiller = resun 280 (operating at 26 degrees)

how big is your tank again?

a pic will help too. ;)

for health issues abt acros, there are many reasons for that:

water parameter

lighting

current in tank...

its a small tank.... small tanks have this problem of husbandary challenge....

I have seen a few guys here having succes keeping sps in nanos....that comes with sheer determination and discipline....keeping the tank water parameter and temp in check all the time.

Danano is one of them.

Smaller tanks also allows little rooms for mistakes as well. SPS are considered corals meant for Advanced Reefers who have a lot of knowledge and exp. in reefing...(they tend to be more sensitive tot the signs the tank is giving if something is amiss)

Small tanks' parameter fluctuate quite easily due to the water change (most of the reefers here dun keep chillers for nano tanks, thus with fans, they create great evaporation rate and regular top ups got to be done. You are using a chiler...so shouldnt be a prob about evaporation.

I cant imagine what is really wrong with your water condition if you have no NO2/3 issues.... temp is good at 26 degrees and lighting are Ok if you are placing your sps high up.

prob...you would want to monitor your water parameter fluctuation over a period of time to see how far it varies?

Other clues about husbandry: changing of water routine & method?

Number of LS in your tank?