Clown, Niger Triggerfish Together With Angel ?

Regal

• SRC Member

My tank 1

triggers:

clown, black-patch, picasso and blue chin with

angels:

lemon-peel, flame and majestic with

tangs:

purple and kole

(i know got many fish... pls dun scream at me.... so far the bio-load is still manageable, that's y must do weekly h20 change :pinch::pinch::rolleyes: )

my tank 2:

pink tail + juv blue-face angel

i had a niger once (small specimen) but it was a terror! it attacked all other fishes (including the clown, picasso which was bigger than it!) it was only 'respectful' of the pink-tail. . had to take it out n put it in another tank! :angry:

triggers have varied and surprising personalities. they do not behave according to the 'book'. so whatever the book says is only 'stereo-typing'. i had a clown trigger which was sweet and docile.(it allows me to pat it!! so does my picasso)

whether the mix will work depends on the indiv personality, their size and the order they are intro.

generally, triggers will leave angels and tangs alone but will be hostile towards other triggers, esp their own kind.

i posted some comments on triggers on another thread (started by gatecrasher "i bought a trigger in the 'new to marine ....')

triggers have great and unpredictable personalites. that's why i find them intriguing and fun yet frustrating. :rolleyes:

hope this helps

• SRC Member

btw,

all the fishes in my tank co-exists rather peacefully.

the triggers are well-behaved. (use to 'cane' them when they were young when they bully others). :D:)

the tangs are sociable.

the only aggression:

my lemon peel will 'push' the flame angel and the harlequinn tusk will chase the blue-chin <_< , but the majestic will stand up for all and chase the harlequinn and keep it in line :D

though my fishes are all mad / aggressive fishes, the aggressions negate each other and somehow a balance is achieved. heng.........

• 2 weeks later...

she uses a stick..when aggression shown in the tank....smack on tank cover and all will disperse...tat was long long time ago......I dun think it works........the triggers still goes for bicolor blennies...evil fish :evil:

she uses a stick..when aggression shown in the tank....smack on tank cover and all will disperse...tat was long long time ago......I dun think it works........the triggers still goes for bicolor blennies...evil fish :evil:

Ah reminds me of my school discipline master

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member
dun keep with those upper blue lower is yellow or yellow damsel.. my two damsel juz a hole at ur stomach as my blue trigger bite on them few days ago.

your niger bite them??? :angry:

IMO, Niger is the most unpredictable trigger. coz u can get one as docile as a rabbit or one that is more aggressive/ballistic than a queen trigger.

mine belongs to the second category... ;)<_< killed my damsel, bite my other triggers including clown trigger, angels..... etc :angry::angry:

had to give it away, tempted to get another but... too unpredictable.. still love them though, beautiful fins and swimming grace.

saw titan triggers at Re*** and the big fellow was bullied by puny undulated !! :blink::blink:

• SRC Member
I like pink tail trigger. Are they peaceful?

yes. they are one of the more docile triggers. aggressiveness is one of the lowest in the trigger family. :D

i have one and it does not bother other fishes, except my harlequinn tusk as it sees it as a threat to its food source as their sizes are abt the same. <_<:)