riot

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

There's always the BK MAxima is selling but I not too sure I can get it tuned. Looks tricky.

So you guys are saying the deltec Ap850 is $1.5k? Sweet motha of god, edmund!!!!!! Got to call him up now. Looks like the jaguar's gonna hungry tonight, baby.

• SRC Member

Make mine an Ice Tall Mocha pls.. thanks!

Another Advantage of the Deltec over other skimmers is the set and forget tuning. It will not overflow, no clogged injectors, no contant tuning to get the right amount and type of skimmate and no need to touch anything when you shut down the skimmer to have the collection cup washed. Just fire it up again and it will skim perfectly. Collection cup comes off with a twist and twist back on. Cool eh?

And its not made in sumone's backyard with a lathe machine! or worst!! :) Its hand-made and checked in a factory with professional QC checks etc etc! :)

• SRC Member

You must be enjoying the tunning and light watery skimmate very much, constant overflow during water changes too :P

sorry hor... tuning is hardly anymore hor.. water or dry up to my tuning hor..

Others got problem cause their setup wrong hor...

U not going to blame an equoipment if u meet a stupid user... :lol:

• SRC Member

With reference to Antohny Calfo, please do not follow this constantly upgrading, my skimmer is BIGGER than your skimmer crap. I am only doing this to show you that my skimmer is bigger than your skimmer. :)

But seriously, this issue have been bugging me for a while. What constitutes a good skimmer? I figure that the size of your tank counts- I wont settle for a needlewheel if I had a larger tank. Becketts would be the way to go for the turnover. But for anything smaller, I figure the needlewheel is a proven, simple and reliable skimming system. I really wont be buying a new skimmer if EAN's deal wasnt so good, I happen to have a bit of spare cash, and felt that I needed an extra capacity for my reef that the current HS doesnt seem to pack. I think good information exchange on discussion boards such as this helps budding reefers make good and well informed decisions.

U not going to blame an equoipment if u meet a stupid user...  :lol:

Oh like that for stupid user like me better go with deltec or H&S so no need to figure out how to tune like hell :P

Okie jokes aside. You can't go wrong with BK or beckett also. With a decent rated skimmer it will serves your reef well. Choice of skimmer just all boils down to individual preference and budget.

• SRC Member

Yeah, I was tempted by the BK and that titanium needlewheel. But I am really quite incompetent cant get my previous beckett tuned properly.

Gee- funny thing was all along I figured the Deltec would be costing a lot more than the HS. Ummm... makes me wonder if I actually would shell out the cash for that.

• SRC Member

U not going to blame an equoipment if u meet a stupid user... :lol:

U mean you finally got it tuned correctly after a few months? A good skimmer will need to be tuned for a week max and no further adjustments needed. A good skimmer is forgiving in user setup errors etc etc. It will not overflow when u r doing water changes. etc etc.

Finally, the only type of skimmer newbies will need to investigate nowadays is recirculating external skimmers (needlewheel or beckett). It gives you the flexibility of adjusting the turnover rate and dwell time without affecting the Air LPH and bombardment rate. :)

Some skimmer requirements: Turnover of about 1.5x-2x per hour. Dwell time of about 120 seconds. Max LPH of Air in very very fine bubbles with minimum turbulence in the skimmer neck.

Previously I also had the wrong idea that deltec would cost and arm and leg until I really checked out the price and it is not so bad after all.

Generally for most reefers the impression is deltec is very very costly but I am sure you already know the truth :P

I am so happy with my AP850 that I ordered another APF600 for my FOWLR, should be due to arrive somewhere next week.

• SRC Member

U mean you finally got it tuned correctly after a few months? A good skimmer will need to be tuned for a week max and no further adjustments needed. A good skimmer is forgiving in user setup errors etc etc. It will not overflow when u r doing water changes. etc etc.

Finally, the only type of skimmer newbies will need to investigate nowadays is recirculating external skimmers (needlewheel or beckett). It gives you the flexibility of adjusting the turnover rate and dwell time without affecting the Air LPH and bombardment rate. :)

Some skimmer requirements: Turnover of about 1.5x-2x per hour. Dwell time of about 120 seconds. Max LPH of Air in very very fine bubbles with minimum turbulence in the skimmer neck.

O did I say I tune it correctly after a few month... maybe for u... :P

Well Maybe my english suck or your eye miss my very word.. "It will not overflow when u r doing water changes. etc etc." it's all depend on your tuning wa... u dont need water changes even can flood wa...

u try go rise your deltec water level lor.. if even u rise it high high it dont even overflow.. then I can say it's very gd then.. got in build auto shut off when overflow occur sia..

Well if you are so into dwell time... then change your feeding pump to 100/h only lor.. then comfirm got so much dwell time for your skimmer to skimmer out the water... and let the rest of your remaining tank water take longer time to reach your skimmer.. then..

Well with so adv equipments and the talk about the skimmer can remove so much waste this and that.. I can still see your tank cover with red capet of cyano...