What Dreams Are Made Of....

Archilles19

• SRC Member
Like your low lying rocks. Gives the fishes max space to move around. :)

Actually...thats the whole idea but....this fishes prefer to swim in, out & around the rock rather than in the open waters....cheh...like in the movie lah.... :lol:

The bigger fishes tend to swim there more often....

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Used to.....but not anymore......well.....at least not as bad as before....clearing up lah...

dont worry.....most exp reefers here knows that cyano outbreaks do happen....they eventually clear up.... my tank recently was cleared of cyano too.....it happened suddenly over a few days...

Your tank has lots of potential..... with so many things to look at and to just paying attention on the slight cyano outbreak is a pity ;):lol:

Happy reefing ;)

• SRC Member

dont worry.....most exp reefers here knows that cyano outbreaks do happen....they eventually clear up.... my tank recently was cleared of cyano too.....it happened suddenly over a few days...

Your tank has lots of potential..... with so many things to look at and to just paying attention on the slight cyano outbreak is a pity ;):lol:

Happy reefing ;)

Hear hear.. Maybe you wanna share how u got over your cyano outbreak bro? *Me takes out notebook and pen*

• SRC Member
:P nice

no clams?

Dare not...after hearing they peck on it.... :pinch:

What did i do for the cyano....hmmmm......

Initially I tried water change & adding rowa...even to the extend of using chemical...at that time was running Macro AS300 skimmer.....nothing......change rowa after taking PO4 reading....still nothing......scrub with toothbrush....all the LR...still nothing....infact...they grow back lah.....cut the lighting timing.....still grow back.....then.....

Went for 1 week holiday to Malaysia....of course one day before I leave I make sure everything was okay...did water change....equipments check....filter media change...the sorts.....but when I came back..... :sick::sick::sick: ....even my wife almost fainted....the brown sludge was everywhere.... :shock:

Then one of our reefer called me up informing his intention of letting go his mini beckett w/ pump (Rio HF32) for a very low price....even let me pay on installment when I told him I don have the budget.....I eventually took the skimmer & de-commisioned my Macro & ....WALLA.....within 2 weeks thing just clear up but the initial run of the beckett collected sludge which need to be cleared every 2 days... :sick::sick:

From that on I never look back except on my electricity bill..... :cry2::cry2:

• SRC Member

Thanks for all the encouragement... ;) ...glad that U guys like what U see..

Anyway...all the fishes are feeding on anything that are being thrown into the tank...even my children paper aeroplane (accidents do happen) :lol:....even the golden angel which spend its daytime around the tank rather than hiding inbetween the rocks.....

• SRC Member
Fret not bro... the beckett is a good piece of equipment to have... :P

Guess Ur right.....somebody told me beckett is overkill....some says that its good...but at the end of the day.....if it works....it works....& U just have to part with some of Ur dough just to see to it...... :peace:

Guess Ur right.....somebody told me beckett is overkill....some says that its good...but at the end of the day.....if it works....it works....& U just have to part with some of Ur dough just to see to it...... :peace:

No worries bro, I'm using beckett, but I still tink not good enough... <_<

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

HUH.....!!!!!! :shock::shock:

Maybe a Bubble King then...... :heh:

No lah, jus that my tank still not low nutreints enough... too many LS... and the skimmer can still do better with mods here and there... juz procrastinating to do it... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

As long as the diatoms and cyano dun break out can liao!!! :P

Then maybe back to the old back-breaking, tooth-brushing scrubbing... :sick::(

*I did the above during last year fasting month....from 0600 hrs to 1200hrs....then to LFS to get new rowa....only rest around 1700 hrs....sigh*

Then maybe back to the old back-breaking, tooth-brushing scrubbing... :sick::(

*I did the above during last year fasting month....from 0600 hrs to 1200hrs....then to LFS to get new rowa....only rest around 1700 hrs....sigh*

Actually my experience is that with rowas and a good skimmer can control pretty well liao... but maybe it's just my tank... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Actually my experience is that with rowas and a good skimmer can control pretty well liao... but maybe it's just my tank... :P

I can't agree with U more....mine was the same case.....devastated when I saw other tanks doing well & mine's not...was always asking myself `what did i do wrong'......

• SRC Member

Desperation can take its toll.....told that a refugium will help...did that....was told that lighting maybe not good enough....also did that.....infact did almost everything others advice except selling my soul to devil himself.....still nothing....was it timing..?....was it feng shui....?....was it the person who we married.... :blink: ...errr....

Desperation can take its toll.....told that a refugium will help...did that....was told that lighting maybe not good enough....also did that.....infact did almost everything others advice except selling my soul to devil himself.....still nothing....was it timing..?....was it feng shui....?....was it the person who we married.... :blink: ...errr....

Eekksss,,, suggest u edit ur post... wait the missus ask u to remove the tank tmr morning!! :lol:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
Desperation can take its toll.....told that a refugium will help...did that....was told that lighting maybe not good enough....also did that.....infact did almost everything others advice except selling my soul to devil himself.....still nothing....was it timing..?....was it feng shui....?....was it the person who we married....  ...errr....

ok brade, i think u miss out a very important word, that is patience. at some point we reefers do hv certain kind of certain outbreak like cyno, sudden death of ls,etc..but thats what it is all about,right? :P 4 me, doing research or searching answers or browsing the net for solution is a must and the "fun" part of it, i get to know one anothers(kakis) along the way....like we did now, interacting to each other in a gd ways. bla bla bla....(sorry, sometime i get carried away... :lol: )

anyway look at the bright side, u hv successfully tame the beautiful little golden angel which is a very delicated n difficult specimen n which i also did try twice before they both said sayonara on me :P

once again, nice tank.

p/s i wish i could help u but like u, i also hving the same cyno problem( :P not as bad as yours ke ke ke ke...)gd luck brade!!!