Shipment of AU seahorse!

chinmo

• SRC Member

:yeah: These pics were snap with the permission of WC.

some pics of H.bleekeri! :yeah:

post-32-1109225548.jpg

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
:yeah: beautiful Pots! wish i had more tanks and chiller! <_<

post-32-1109225641.jpg

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member

in this pic u can c H.breviceps! small cute fella! one day they gonna be in my home! :evil:

post-32-1109225744.jpg

• SRC Member

pic of H.breviceps! :yeah: soooooo! cute! ard 2 inch only! :yeah: but photo no clear... :paiseh:

post-32-1109225860.jpg

• SRC Member

H. kuda! :yeah: notice that the au kuda diff from our local kuda.

post-32-1109225984.jpg

• SRC Member

WC will be opened this sun from 10am-12pm. sincere sh fanatic have time go look look, u won't be disapointed!

H.bleekeri $**

H.kuda and H.breviceps$***

Cheers! Happy sh keeping! :P

• SRC Member

Hi chinmo,

Appreciate your effort, brighten up the forum :yeah: . Very tempting but no more space for me already.... :( Greatest fun and joy come from seeing them breed and taking care of the fries.....making it thru. Wishing you more success. We may meet you there @ ######.

cheer :D

• SRC Member
Hi chinmo,

Appreciate your effort, brighten up the forum :yeah: . Very tempting but no more space for me already.... :( Greatest fun and joy come from seeing them breed and taking care of the fries.....making it thru. Wishing you more success. We may meet you there @ ######.

cheer :D

Yes i agree with u, it's not about who have the most specis or most no of sh. it's the joy of seeing fat adults doing their routine( make Babies :lol: ) my reidi just pop his 5th batch! :yeah:

• SRC Member
:thanks: chinmo. Maybe I go down this sunday. :D

do read up more on keeping sh before deciding to keep them, as these "gems" not easy to come by....... i waited since last yr december for this shipment! :peace:

sorry... bro. :cry: how old were the fries?

This batch only last a few days..... <_< Anyway, will try again.........

For pple that ready want to purchase the AU SH. Please note that potbelly and breviceps require low temperatures (16-20 degrees C), and the kuda should be kept 24-27 degrees C. This is ans. from AU supplier. Do take note.

• SRC Member
Cool SHs... Btw, are these AU SHs CB or WC?

They are CB sh. ;)

• SRC Member

This batch only last a few days..... <_< Anyway, will try again.........

For pple that ready want to purchase the AU SH. Please note that potbelly and breviceps require low temperatures (16-20 degrees C), and the kuda should be kept 24-27 degrees C. This is ans. from AU supplier. Do take note.

don't worry.... as long as the pair is breeding, u sure have sucess again! :)

Gosh! :huh: my temp is 27-28 degree.... hope the kuda able to adjust to the temp, if not that's too bad then <_<

FYI, the AU H. Kudas are being kept at approx. 29-30 degrees temp though they were raised in cooler temp. The Potbelly(H. adodminalis) & the short snout or short headed(H. breviceps) are kept at approx.23-25 degrees. We won't recommend anything thing above 26 degress for the cold water seahorse species ststed above.

In fact the brazilian seahorse(H. Reidi)that is ever so popular here in Singapore natural habitat is from 15-55m depth. Yet we know that this specie of seahorse is kept at room temp in Singapore.

Text book information can be helpfull. Seriously, nothing's more sure than the hands on experience in keeping them.

At the same time, a logical approach has to be made to balance the economy of maintaing them for our local situation.

Its fine if we all can have the finances to provide the optimum needs for our pets(eg. chiller for the tropical species!)yet in reality it may not be so.

We have done our trials and from time to time feedback is exchanged to various seahorse breeders(local & foreign).All efforts are made to ensure their well being here.

Further to add, major benefits of Captive-bred seahorses is that they are easy to feed, adapt well to new environments, breed easily, environement friendly and disease free!

Stop the seahorse killing by buying Wild caught!