New come say hello

shl

• SRC Member

bro Shl, can try this diy fish bowl u don't have to get 12 inch pipe, 9 inch will do also. ;)

If not in time to do one for this batch, can use it for another batch. :P

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

this link to show how the fishbowl works....Good luck! :peace:

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Hello every expert, I am the firsy time to come here :bow:

I am also a seahorse lover and come from HongKong.

ps. Does any one can type chinese with me because my english is very very pool :thanks:

用华文字也可以。。。 :lol::lol:

• SRC Member
I get it... there are many baby today (total waiting about 14 days)

I made one diy fry bowl la, hope it can help :lol:

2DSCF0011-med.JPG

2DSCF0010-med.JPG

Congrats! they are kuda babies rite? so cute! :yeah:

• SRC Member
你們也懂得看華文字嗎? :idea:

Yes, it should be kuda.

It is my diy fry bowl, give me some comment pls :bow:

2008-med.jpg

2010-med.jpg

Cool! as long as it keeps the babies off the surface, any pattern of fish bowl will do ;) Gd idea! but think u can get the bigger diameter takeaway bowls, then able to make bigger fishbowl. :)

i'm a chinese, of cos can read chinese lah :lol: i understand cantonese too. ;)

呀... 原來你地都看得懂中文 :lol:

那我不打得那麼辛苦了 :P

其實我不太明白個原理, 為什麼可以令fry 不會在水面呢?

另外我都是剛看到chinmo兄的做法, 我想我會在假期做一個大的給我的海馬用.

• SRC Member
呀... 原來你地都看得懂中文 :lol:

那我不打得那麼辛苦了  :P

其實我不太明白個原理, 為什麼可以令fry 不會在水面呢?

另外我都是剛看到chinmo兄的做法, 我想我會在假期做一個大的給我的海馬用.

这里有很多网友都会看/读中文, 只是没多少个要在这里用中文。。 应为字会打得很慢咯。。

:lol:

• SRC Member
yes ar, i feed bbs, i saw them eat bbs this morning.

我都覺得打英文比較快, 不過恐怕寫得不好, 你們不明白

H.kuda's babies are pelagic type, meaning they go through a stage where they drif with e water current in the sea.... the current of the sea will keep the babies below the water surface while they keep feeding on other goodies that drif together with them(babies) .

in captivity, most of us will not be able to minimck the wave movement, so we gotta use the fishbowl to create a circular movement to keep the fries off the surface.

like Venezia sis said, the fries stay at the surface, eat too much air, making the babies fill with air and the babies can't feed or swim properly.... moslty those that ingest too much air are goners. ;)

Hope u able to understand. :P

• SRC Member

oh yah, try to feed them bbs that jsut hatch a few hrs ago, do not feed 24hrs old bbs till they are 1 week old. ;) possible try to feed 2-3 times aday, breakfast, lunch and dinnner. :lol:

I feed them this morning. I see them have eating action but not sure.

However, I feed them tonight, I see them havn't any eating action......

I get them from lfs, but it is very hard to find now......

• SRC Member
I feed them this morning. I see them have eating action but not sure.

However, I feed them tonight, I see them havn't any eating action......

I get them from lfs, but it is very hard to find now......

are u putting enough bbs? let's say every 1 fries = 15 bbs. :P

• SRC Member
oh...god, all bb go with the god.

May I know what equipment need for the sh bb?

I hust use the bio-ball for filter, do I need add more equipment like skimmer, UV , 03 or something?

:peace: dun give up..... a couple of tries more u be raising bb liao.

my bb tank is connected to the adult's tank, they share the same water, can be good, can be bad. my adult tank using 2 uv sterilizers, biohome and bacteria house, and 2 skimmers, no DSB, some macroalgae to reduce no3 abit. :P

and if possible try to diy a bigger Fishbowl, cos somethimes the fries die becos the water exchange rate no good enough, water no good in the fishbowl cos of the bbs and bb's poo..... :upsidedown:

thx chinmo.

yesterday, the couple mating again and I get the video for all the process, I post the link later for yours.

my bb tank are also connect to the adult tank, but the flow of water is very slow, I think the temp. is some difference. However, my adult tank No3 is so hign, so I will add a 16W UV and skimmer and change more water.

How many W UV in your tank? and How much volum is your tank?

• SRC Member
thx chinmo.

yesterday, the couple mating again and I get the video for all the process, I post the link later for yours.

my bb tank are also connect to the adult tank, but the flow of water is very slow, I think the temp. is some difference. However, my adult tank No3 is so hign, so I will add a 16W UV and skimmer and change more water.

How many W UV in your tank? and How much volum is your tank?

my tank volume equals to almost 3 4x2x2 tank. :P using a 9watt uv on fries tank, and 36watts on the adults..... c got space i will squeeze in aonther 36watts. :upsidedown:

think the medium biohome does lower no3, my reading is ard 5ppm. though i do change water abt 1-2 litre a day. :lol: