Artica 1/2 hp vs Daeil-Suncool 1/2hp chiller

roidan

my pleasure 35cents :lol:

anyway, the earlier posts about the thermostat should be corrected.....both are using the same thermostat as the wiring interface are both similar as below in the picture.....

the difference in the connectors i showed earlier are the connectors to turn on and off the chillers :paiseh::P .....

post-14-1110182616.jpg

Hey bro, just curious, when you are tearing both chillers apart to do review, who is chilling your current 6ft? ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

Hey bro, just curious, when you are tearing both chillers apart to do review, who is chilling your current 6ft? ;)

No lah...i only opened the top casing covers of both mah....hehe..

doesn't affect normal operation one :)

the artica is cooling my reef now...i still haven't gotten down to plumbing the suncool with the eheim 1262 yet...need to buy some hoses.....by end of the week it should be done and i will give a qualitative feedback on whether the suncool is quieter or not....paiseh no quantitative feedback because no decibel meter with me :lol:

Oic. Btw, I am a happy owner of the Teco, 1st few days got some vibrating sound. Now, it is almost not audible when i on my TV guess it has run in liao. :P

All thanks to you. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

managed to plumb it up today....

very surprisingly the daeil is not too noisy as compared to the artica with the mod...in fact...the daeil beats the pre-mod artica when it comes to which one is more quiet....

the modded article has a lower drone sound as the chiller fan kicks in...whereas the daeil has a slightly higher pitch whirring sound as the chiller fan is in operation.

I attribute this difference in pitch of the whirring sound due to the different fan motor/blades of the fan itself.

I do not have a decibel meter with me to judge each chiller. So all i can say is that while both chillers are too noisy to be put indoors for noise-sensitive reefers/households, both are about as quiet/noisy as each other....with the daeil fan registering a slightly higher pitch in fan sound than the artica... :)

post-14-1110730469.jpg