Calcium Level Help

• SRC Member

Always do testin before rectifyin any of ur water problems. So pls perform a Mg test before listernin to others and follow blindly.

Perform a 25% water change, test ur Ca and dkh again. If dkh still low then u buff up ur carbonate hardness using supplements. ;)

btw....ur thread doesn't belong here in the sps section.

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
Always do testin before rectifyin any of ur water problems. So pls perform a Mg test before listernin to others and follow blindly.

Perform a 25% water change, test ur Ca and dkh again. If dkh still low then u buff up ur carbonate hardness using supplements. ;)

btw....ur thread doesn't belong here in the sps section.

Sorry, because i have sps in my tank. That's y. I don't test my magnesium level. Is this very critical?? The mag. testkit cost a bomb.

• SRC Member

Sorry, because i have sps in my tank. That's y. I don't test my magnesium level. Is this very critical?? The mag. testkit cost a bomb.

Ur thread is very general, anybody can also be havin high Ca....low dkh in their system, be it a lps, sps or mix reef. Frm wat i c, u r juz experiencin screw-up water condition. ;)

Unless u r facing prob with ur sps or any sps related issues then it deem appropriate to be posted in this sps section.

Anyway, back to ur question. If u r wanna keep and willin to spend on sps. Then dun thrift on buyin the neccessary test kit.

A CR will be ur ticket to a less hassle free tank once its properly tuned but of coz there r "more than meet the eyes". ;)

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.

• SRC Member
Sorry bro, I'll be a little blunt here, hope you don't mind. Probably you like to read up all the basic first before spending further money on SPS.

Test kit ###### up. Re-measured 2 more times, showed calcium at 400ppm. just bought Mg testkit from reef depot. The LFS around my area dose not have Mg test kit.