Nanny service for seahorse?

Synanceia

• SRC Member
:P go seaside catch tons of mysis and put in the tank. 10-20 per sh shild be enough for a day. :)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

Thanks brittlestar, but getting 2 girlfriends is out for me - I am already married. Secondly, my seahorse only eats live food. Thirdly, my next vacation will be 7 days or more. I can't let my seahorse starve.

Chinmo bro, which seaside do you catch the mysis from? Will really appreciate if you can enlighten me on the location and method to catch them.

• SRC Member
Chinmo bro, which seaside do you catch the mysis from? Will really appreciate if you can enlighten me on the location and method to catch them.

some say u go to places like bedok jetty, but not at high tide, mid tide is prefered, must use a big net with long handle. best is to recky the place before catching.

another place be sembawang seaside. :)

just keep netting about 1 feet below water surface. :)

I gotta feeling..Woo...hoo....That tonight's gonna be a good night.....That tonight's gonna be a good, good night!

• SRC Member
Thanks for the info. Which Sembawang seaside?

:huh: i don't know wor.... i'm always try to train my SH to frozens....if not frozen ghost shrimps. ;)

• SRC Member
Sembawang po liao due to the changes there. Try Pasiris.

bro!! there still got alot.... many ppl catch it for fishing leh..... i go there catch crab everytime see ppl use net to catch the fish with it....

• SRC Member
Thanks brittlestar, but getting 2 girlfriends is out for me - I am already married. Secondly, my seahorse only eats live food. Thirdly, my next vacation will be 7 days or more. I can't let my seahorse starve.

Hi there,

Tell me more about your seahorses, what she eat, temp of water, when and how long you be away.

Its a small (length in the 'normal' posture not exceeding 6cm) yellow seahorse which I have kept for over half a year. Initially it lives in a 2ft tank in an air-conditioned room (25C) where it is fed mysis shrimps. Now it resides in a 2.5ft coral tank (29C) and it eats brine shrimp (cos I can't get the mysis shrimps anymore - seems to have disappeared - probably seasonal). I try to feed it ghost shrimp but I can't get the ones which are small enough for its mouth. I don't like to feed it brine shrimp but right now I have not much choice. I think I should start trying frozen mysis shrimp - anybody know where I can buy it?

You may be surprised at the high temp of its current tank - actually when I first got it, it was living in an environment with that kind of temp. Then I shifted it to my air-conditioned office, and now it is at my home.

I am planning to go away for about 7 to 10 days in May. But come to think of it, maybe I should postpone the trip and get it to eat frozen mysis shrimps first. Even then, I will still need someone to take care of it for me.

• SRC Member
Its a small (length in the 'normal' posture not exceeding 6cm) yellow seahorse which I have kept for over half a year. Initially it lives in a 2ft tank in an air-conditioned room (25C) where it is fed mysis shrimps. Now it resides in a 2.5ft coral tank (29C) and it eats brine shrimp (cos I can't get the mysis shrimps anymore - seems to have disappeared - probably seasonal). I try to feed it ghost shrimp but I can't get the ones which are small enough for its mouth. I don't like to feed it brine shrimp but right now I have not much choice. I think I should start trying frozen mysis shrimp - anybody know where I can buy it?

You may be surprised at the high temp of its current tank - actually when I first got it, it was living in an environment with that kind of temp. Then I shifted it to my air-conditioned office, and now it is at my home.

I am planning to go away for about 7 to 10 days in May. But come to think of it, maybe I should postpone the trip and get it to eat frozen mysis shrimps first. Even then, I will still need someone to take care of it for me.

A picture of ur sh will let us id it easier.....

Can try my method of training, using the food bowl, i got 3 WC sh feeding on frozens on that method, 4th WC maybe snicking too, but i too busy to sit and wait in front of the tanks for 15mins! <_<:lol:

• SRC Member

I am so please to know you. You shown so much passion for the horses - even to the rescheduling your vacation. I am sure Chinmo and many other fanatic agreed upon.

Drop me a line if you need help by then....... Cheer!

I just bought some frozen mysis today. Will let you know how my seahorse take to them. BTW, I do notice that it shows some interest in dead ghost shrimps (seems to be as long as it has the shape of a shrimp!), so it may take to frozen mysis better than I expect.