Pump Impeller Stuck

nqh71

Hi Guys,

Need advice from you guys. I have a Rio20hf that have stop using for about 2 months. Yesterday I wanted to use it again, it is not working. So I tried to dimantle the parts and try to clean it, but the impellor is stuck inside. It can't even turn. So anybody have advice on how to extract the impellor.

Thanks.

• SRC Member

usually soak the whole pump (not unless its an external pump!) for at least an hour or more til im able to take off the impeller... it happened to my tunze 6100, stuck up due to calcium deposits.... never try to force it out else might end up spoiling it.

• SRC Member

Hausemann are the authorise agent for RIO pump. They have the spare part. My advise is to bring the faulty pump to them first if it is still under warranty.

BTW, they are at lck113 neo tiew cresecent. 67921318

:) Greeting :)

Tank: 4' by 2' by 2' (CR antique)

Sump: 3' include 1' refuigm

Hausemann are the authorise agent for RIO pump. They have the spare part. My advise is to bring the faulty pump to them first if it is still under warranty.

BTW, they are at lck113 neo tiew cresecent. 67921318

Thought of doing that, but no warranty already.... :(:(:(

• SRC Member

Impeller is not under warranty.. :(

Mine had the same problem.. end up have to change the whole impeller.. btw is ur impeller stuck inside the housing or ur shaft stucked inside ur impeller. Mine is the latter case. I forced out the shaft only to find that, due to some unknown reason, the hole for the shaft became some how smaller than the shaft diameter...

Bio-Ocean do carry RIO 20HF imperller, call them first to check if they have stock. They can order for u.