Laying of Eggs..

• SRC Member

first thing first, do u intend to tank raised them?

if u do, cos ur damsels r those veri rare type.... then u can try searchin the web for raising the young...

dun noe bout damsels, but shld be quite similar to clownfishes.... u got to noe when they hatch, catch them using torchlight n brine shrimp nets...

then for the nursery, u cant hav any LR or filters... onli air pump with air stone...

then u got to feed them the right food of right sizes until they reach beyond their metamorposis period... n u got to change the water like everyday once...

if u dun cos it's too troublesome, then just ignore it... most prob they become nutritious coral food ;)

• SRC Member

Hi...haven't seen u for some time ;) discovered my BG Chromis also laying eggs !!!

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member

One of the best attestation of tanks with good water parameters and husbandry.... BABIES.... ;)

Or either that, it's just plain lucky to acquire a gravid specimen...

Hi Bro,

Firstly congrats to being a new parent hehe.

The damsels' eggs shd hatch about 2 weeks time or a fortnight and if I am correct they will hatch late at night or early morning. And sad to say chances are none of the fry are going to make it unless you remove the rock itself and place it in a separate tank. My damsels have laid eggs at least 3 times but each time I never got to see the fries...all die or get eaten up :(

Mine are the four stripe humbugs...a pair...I didn't give them away just because they spawn :) Its not nice to send someone away from a place they consider home rite ?

Cheers and Good Luck ya

Archer