My New 5 x 2.5 x 2.5

haanZii

• SRC Member

I seen your post's in Zeovit forum,keigo.You are entering phase 3 into zeovit.I only meant if you want to advise just say it out. You are getting the results soon i'm sure.You are not the only one that went BB :upsidedown:

o did i say my BB allow me to enter stage 3 in zeovit... lolz...

go check around how many in src just go BB and how many still complain they r still in the red carpet club or still suffer from algae problem...

pls hor it dont mean BB is the key to success in zeovit hor.. u look around in zeovit and u see those ppls who success also not in BB hor...

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• SRC Member

save the trouble follow ppls and keep buying this and that..

1st u must ask yourself what method of reefing u r going for.. cause they r many and i have try them all...

2nd what type of reef tank u want to keep.. cause this is the key...

and lastly your mistake is to use tap water should use ro/di.. unless u sure your tap water p04 is what value...

so if you run on ro/di in the 1st place why need to buy those ex FR with phosphate removal media which later stage u might dont need due to change of reefing method or even worst u dont know how to use the phosphate media and end up do more harm then removing your p04...

Bro haanzii isnt running zeovit.If he doesnt use phosphate removal media, what's gonna remove the phosphate he is introducing into his tank from tap water and feeding of fish...not to say the silicates and etc in the new sand?

• SRC Member

save the trouble follow ppls and keep buying this and that..

1st u must ask yourself what method of reefing u r going for.. cause they r many and i have try them all...

2nd what type of reef tank u want to keep.. cause this is the key...

and lastly your mistake is to use tap water should use ro/di.. unless u sure your tap water p04 is what value...

so if you run on ro/di in the 1st place why need to buy those ex FR with phosphate removal media which later stage u might dont need due to change of reefing method or even worst u dont know how to use the phosphate media and end up do more harm then removing your p04...

Bro,

i am intending to keep LPS as am really inexp.

wat do u mean by the method of reefing??

yes its correct i had used tap water & mixed with marine salt. is there anyway to help to resolve this??

bro, sorry wat is the emaning of ro/di as i really have no ideal wat does this mean. pardon my lack of knowledge.

• SRC Member

o did i say my BB allow me to enter stage 3 in zeovit... lolz...

go check around how many in src just go BB and how many still complain they r still in the red carpet club or still suffer from algae problem...

pls hor it dont mean BB is the key to success in zeovit hor.. u look around in zeovit and u see those ppls who success also not in BB hor...

Nope..i do not mean going BB allow you going into stage 3..theres more than that of course.Let's discuss via pm if u want.This is bro Haanzii's thread,very :off: already

• SRC Member

ro/di mean Reverse Osmosis Systems... it's those water treatment system...

for your case since you use tap water confirm during this cycle period u will be a bloom of many funny thing..

what I mean by reefing method, is what type of reefing style u r going for..they r alot of type of style and method.. u will find in time....

cause like calciumreef he swear by phosphate media... and for your info they more then that to remove phosphate...

I do once use tap water for my 1st 4ft tank tap 3~4 yrs ago and my new 5ft tank 1 plus yr ago.. and from the start of my 5ft tank i never use zeovit or phosphate and i never suffer from any funny algae hor...

hannZii, u r new and they r alot u will learn.. go read around more.. and judge by yourself what info u see is correct and what is just plain talk. And use your brain and apply them to your tank need and not just follow how ppls apply and u apply that way..

cause your tank is your tank and his tank is his tank.. the way he do work for his tank may not work for your tank...

• SRC Member

for your case since you use tap water confirm during this cycle period u will be a bloom of many funny thing..

what I mean by reefing method, is what type of reefing style u r going for..they r alot of type of style and method.. u will find in time....

cause like calciumreef he swear by phosphate media... and for your info they more then that to remove phosphate...

I do once use tap water for my 1st 4ft tank tap 3~4 yrs ago and my new 5ft tank 1 plus yr ago.. and from the start of my 5ft tank i never use zeovit or phosphate and i never suffer from any funny algae hor...

hannZii, u r new and they r alot u will learn.. go read around more.. and judge by yourself what info u see is correct and what is just plain talk. And use your brain and apply them to your tank need and not just follow how ppls apply and u apply that way..

cause your tank is your tank and his tank is his tank.. the way he do work for his tank may not work for your tank...

Bro Alanseah,

Roger roger, get wat u mean. wil study around & meantime will let my tank do its cycle till much later stage. guess for now should go read about..

In anyway, Really appreciate yr comment.

Cheer!

• SRC Member

-I agree but i never swore by phosphate media leh,just advising him to use it in his case.Nothing wrong with using rowa in the intial stages of starting tank.Resun FR should be ok for him to use with some modification. :lol: No need expensive one

-vodka?

• SRC Member

welcome.. hope i did not make a mess in your thread...

but i really like your cool elect wiring... and your new tank...

If i can go re-start a new tank, it will be near perfect cause I make too much mistake in my past learning cycle also...

Well who dont.. :D

Bro,

just to give you my $0.02, not intending to offend anyone here, but if I were in your shoes, I would start the PO4 removal media right from start, as normally, due to new tank conditions, there would be some die-offs from the rocks, so would be good to start removing the PO4...

Also the new sand would release silicates into the water causing diatoms to bloom, use of PO4 removal media like Rowaphos would be pretty effective in removing both PO4 and silicates...

In any case, I tink Rowaphos is very effective and running it that this point of time would do more good than harm... :P

Juz my $0.02... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

RO = Reverse Osmosis (water)

DI = De-ionised (water)

There are some differences, but both gives good quality water.

What in my opinion is to listen to what others have to say and advise and check it out yourself.

Just as there are alot of "paper talk people" there are also alot of "textbook people" what is really needed is experience, so enjoy the hobby, make mistakes, learn form it and later benefit from it.

My Beautiful ANGEL - Matsushima Nanako

Equipment List for 4x2x2 Tank & 3x1.5x1.5 Sump

Hagen 802 x 2, Tunze 6060, Arcadia T5 (54W x 8), Eheim 1260 (return) Eheim 1250 (Chiller), Aquabee 300 x 2 (Feed)

H&S 150-F2001 (850l Skimmer), H&S A110-F2000 (400l Skimmer), H&S 110-F1000 (1000l Sulphur/Nitrate Filter), H&S 150-F2000IA (800l Calcium Reactor)

Coralife 3X (UV Steriliser), I-Aquatic IF 312 (Fluidised Reactor), Kent Kalk Delivery, Resun CL650, Pinpoint ORP & PH Meters & Wireless Thermometer

4x2x2 Tank Thread

• SRC Member
Bro,

just to give you my $0.02, not intending to offend anyone here, but if I were in your shoes, I would start the PO4 removal media right from start, as normally, due to new tank conditions, there would be some die-offs from the rocks, so would be good to start removing the PO4...

Also the new sand would release silicates into the water causing diatoms to bloom, use of PO4 removal media like Rowaphos would be pretty effective in removing both PO4 and silicates...

In any case, I tink Rowaphos is very effective and running it that this point of time would do more good than harm... :P

Juz my $0.02... :P

Bro Rav-65,

thks thks for the tips. i remenber u had advised me b4 in early stage , & now i'm paying for the price of wat is happening now... :(

nevertheless, this is how we learn from time to time. :lol::D:P good guide for those who just started & going to start.

Cheers & yam sheng!!!! :evil::yeah:

• SRC Member
RO = Reverse Osmosis (water)

DI = De-ionised (water)

There are some differences, but both gives good quality water.

What in my opinion is to listen to what others have to say and advise and check it out yourself.

Just as there are alot of "paper talk people" there are also alot of "textbook people" what is really needed is experience, so enjoy the hobby, make mistakes, learn form it and later benefit from it.

Bro,

thanks for the enlightenment. heehee...guess i'm the culprit who started all these.

Yes its really true that we make mistake & will carry on making :P . these is how life is & hope that from the mistake we will strife to make it to a better stage.

CheerS :blink:

• SRC Member

Bros out there,

Let me put it this way, we are wat we are & time to time, we can't possibly please each and everyone in src here, some pple might felt that i am too trying to show off my stuff which to be frank, i have no intent to, all i want is to share & show how & wat i did over my setup & things that i've had used/done. reefing goes a long way & there are really too many method of reefing/setup which works very well depending on the reefer's commitment & effort. i must admit that i am still very new & really not knowledgeable on reefing thus this is why i would like to from time to time post question/problem in order to find out more & gain more experience & of course each of u bros out there do have yr own opinion & comments but most importantly, we are here to learn & to know of each others experience/sucess story. so i sincerely hope u bros out there do give yr comment/opinion, good or bad, it will be a lesson to me & all others who read this thread.

Cheers & reef all the way. :D:lol:

that's the spirit HaanZhii..

how can we please everyone in this world. Ppl wan to gossip, criticise, let them be. it's thier mouth, you can't control them.

Put it this way, it's YOUR tank anyway.

if it works for you, enjoy the result. if it doesn't, learn something from it.

• SRC Member
welcome.. hope i did not make a mess in your thread...

but i really like your cool elect wiring... and your new tank...

If i can go re-start a new tank, it will be near perfect cause I make too much mistake in my past learning cycle also...

Well who dont.. :D

thks for the compliment on the elect part...at least make my day...will have the diy lighting up soon keep a look out. :rolleyes:

Cheers

• SRC Member

that's the spirit HaanZhii..

how can we please everyone in this world. Ppl wan to gossip, criticise, let them be. it's thier mouth, you can't control them.

Put it this way, it's YOUR tank anyway.

if it works for you, enjoy the result. if it doesn't, learn something from it.

Bro,

thks for the support!!! :P:D:lol:;):rolleyes:B):):yeah:

WHAT GOES ROUND, WILL GO AROUND.

WHAT GOES UP, WILL COME DOWN.

YAM SHENG AR!!!!!

Bro Rav-65,

thks thks for the tips. i remenber u had advised me b4 in early stage , & now i'm paying for the price of wat is happening now... :(

nevertheless, this is how we learn from time to time. :lol::D:P good guide for those who just started & going to start.

Cheers & yam sheng!!!! :evil::yeah:

Huh? paying wat price??! no worries lah, still not too late to take action and just run some media, no big harm done...:P

Of coz with the use of RO/DI or DI water would be better for your tank, but setting up such a big tank, filling up with juz RO/DI water might take many weeks if not months! :P

So, if I'm the one, I'll use water from the tap and den introduce Rowaphos ( Yes! I support Rowaphos for its effectiveness! Best that I've used! :P )... your tank should be up and running beautifully in no time! :P

:peace:

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Huh? paying wat price??! no worries lah, still not too late to take action and just run some media, no big harm done...:P

Of coz with the use of RO/DI or DI water would be better for your tank, but setting up such a big tank, filling up with juz RO/DI water might take many weeks if not months! :P

So, if I'm the one, I'll use water from the tap and den introduce Rowaphos ( Yes! I support Rowaphos for its effectiveness! Best that I've used! :P )... your tank should be up and running beautifully in no time! :P

Bro,

paying prices in terms of seeing my setup setting back & things like the algae dying off....one newly bought tangs up lorry bcoz of the water i guess....

well asking for the cost of the FR liao...tonite go home sign application form & submitting to CO for approval.kekeke :P:D:lol:

Wah, gotta apply one ah?! :P Good luck den! :P

Anyway, you're tank water still new and unstable... so dun add tangs... also, if you're still cycling, many fishes cant survive in such conditions... so pls dun add more fish until your tank's fully cycled ( or at least no2 becomes zero )... :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

Ha Ha.. I'm practicing the same method you've just suggested... :lol:

• SRC Member
Bro,

paying prices in terms of seeing my setup setting back & things like the algae dying off....one newly bought tangs up lorry bcoz of the water i guess....

well asking for the cost of the FR liao...tonite go home sign application form & submitting to CO for approval.kekeke :P:D:lol:

I got my FR from Bio-Ocean at Aquarama.. cheap and good.. but not sure if it is suitable for your tank since yours is bigger :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Keep in mind the volume of ur tank... and how much water flows through ur FR to the po4 removal media... if the volume too small, how to use a small FR? :P

Joe_P got the best FR cos the chamber is tall enough u can have more Rowa in it and a better adjust of flow. :P Can think about it. :lol:

6x2.5x2.5 (GEO AQUATIC)

Aquamedic Turboflotor 5000Baby

Aquamedic NR1000

Aquamedic KR1000

Aquamedic Niveaumat

Aquamedic Ozone

RM Fluidised Reactor

Tunze 6060x3

Resun C1000

Aqualight 2x250w + 150w MH

Joe_P got the best FR cos the chamber is tall enough u can have more Rowa in it and a better adjust of flow. :P Can think about it. :lol:

Alternatively, can consider deltec FR. The chamber is very big as well. i gauge can put at least 1500ml of media.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Wah, gotta apply one ah?! :P Good luck den! :P

Anyway, you're tank water still new and unstable... so dun add tangs... also, if you're still cycling, many fishes cant survive in such conditions... so pls dun add more fish until your tank's fully cycled ( or at least no2 becomes zero )... :P

Bro,

my no2 is already at O, ony no3 is bit high...anyway, will not add any LS liao. let the water flow & flow till all is stable then...

Cheers!!

• SRC Member

Alternatively, can consider deltec FR. The chamber is very big as well. i gauge can put at least 1500ml of media.

lobang king paul,

deltec abit X for me lay, i really pocket empty liao man...