Phuket trip

wedgee

• SRC Member

Hi guys, it is with depression tat i set my foot on local soil again, after 2 days of sun and sea in sunny Phuket... B)

Not very good visibility in the few sites that i went to, but the fish life was out of this world!! Soooo many fishes swimming against the reef rockwork, hiding in all sorts of crevices, or just bunched up in the open, threatening to swim right into yr mask! :lol:

OK enuff liao here the pix:

(Sites: Koh Doc Mai/Bi Da Nok/Bi Da Nai/Anemone Reef/Shark Point)

post-12-1116998631.jpg

• SRC Member

hey, no worries mate.. glad u get to see lots of stuff... :P

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

The one fish I have been wanting to catch hold of, and finally did! 3 times in 2 days of the Phuket trip! The Titans were all over the reefs when i was there...

So siok to see them... :evil:

This dude leading a pecking group onto a poor clam...

post-12-1117032571.jpg

• SRC Member

catch hold of a titan? :o either u are narz or u tired of living.... :P for the fearless, i salute :bow:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Wahahah i meant it literally lah - just wanted to take close pix of one in action - luckily those in Phuket were seemingly busy minding their own buz, so i could take advantage and shoot away... :heh:

• SRC Member
The one fish I have been wanting to catch hold of, and finally did! 3 times in 2 days of the Phuket trip! The Titans were all over the reefs when i was there...

So siok to see them... :evil:

This dude leading a pecking group onto a poor clam...

OMG !! ..That is a :shock: cool pic....

• SRC Member

Had to take a risk to get so close to the trigger sia...

Glad the pic turned out ok, cause it was the first dive of the day, and I had forgotten to flip over the LCD for the damned camera!!!! :pinch::pinch:

So basically i was shooting blindly...

OK here are some more pix

post-12-1117244596.jpg

• SRC Member

the banded sea krait is very venomous..

wedgee Posted on May 28 2005, 10:14 AM

First prize, a cup of skimmate, if anyone can see anything from this pic...

Scorpion fish... but then.. i would prefer a cup of Earl Grey instead.. u can keep ur skimmate

:D

• SRC Member
First prize, a cup of skimmate, if anyone can see anything from this pic...

;)

Yup! Scorpion fish just below the upper bunch of tunicates. Think you can keep your skimmate! :D

Looks like you had a great time diving! :lol:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

Hahah why dont both of u appreciate a good cup of steaming hot skimmate? :P

Well, it was a very different diving experience from the usual M'sia sites, but the viz was bleh, so it made things even out, not too fantastic...

BUT, the much better briefings, boatmen service, touristy feel (unlike with local dive shops, abit like goin for work dive... <_< ) and much much more fish life made it a trip worth remembering!

Not to mention the much stronger currents underwater...Quite scary for a beginner diver like me... :pirate:

• SRC Member
Not to mention the much stronger currents underwater...Quite scary for a beginner diver like me... :pirate:

U??? Beginner diver?? who u trying to kid.. hahaha :lol:

personally, i found the surface current at King Cruiser Wreck very strong... :(

• SRC Member

Haven't dived anywhere outside of Malaysia yet. My soon-to-be wife has 5yrs of diving experience over me...already master diver and been to Manado, Bali, Phuket...etc. :pinch:

Just got the flat this year and started renos and new tank project so no more $ to go diving! :cry2:

How much did your trip cost? Thinking of going if $ allows. :thanks:

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• SRC Member

U??? Beginner diver?? who u trying to kid.. hahaha :lol:

personally, i found the surface current at King Cruiser Wreck very strong... :(

Hahah u tink too highly of me bro, i only had 11 dives under my weight belt when i went over to Phuket! Thank god managed to remain calm in the adverse currents and didnt lose me wifey... :P

Ya abit scary, the currents in Phuket - can be brought on suddenly without warning...especially sometimes when u round a bend on a large mount, the water just swooshes u...How was King Cruiser btw?

One thing i did like abt the waters there was it was much warmer - actually had some thermal spots that nearly make me sweat! :whistle

Well, next aim of mine is to take advanced to completely master my buoyancy and do some deeper dives so that next yr can go somewhere exotic... :heh:

• SRC Member
Haven't dived anywhere outside of Malaysia yet. My soon-to-be wife has 5yrs of diving experience over me...already master diver and been to Manado, Bali, Phuket...etc. :pinch:

Just got the flat this year and started renos and new tank project so no more $ to go diving! :cry2:

How much did your trip cost? Thinking of going if $ allows. :thanks:

Wah yr wife sounds powerful! Well, i understand yr situation, its really really hard to fork out money for a further trip when u have a house to upkeep...

Not to worry tho, if u DIY and keep it simple, u can explore phuket without breaking yr wallet. My wife and I spent $700 total for 2 days of diving and one night accomodation in Phuket, but if u want better diving, can do a live-aboard in Similans, price wont break yr back either...

Here's to bread-munching mornings for a future dive trip!!! :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
Here's to bread-munching mornings for a future dive trip!!! :rolleyes:

...and lunches and dinners as well! :P