Puerto Galera dive trip

reefer guy

• SRC Member

$2000??? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

that would take me alot of sites than Puerto Galera

Philippine diving is not that expensive; I paid US$149 for 4d/3n accomodation, 6 dives inclusive of gears. The accomodation is a simple chalet; pool front, balcony, aircon and hot shower most important.

But i guess what keeps the expense up is air tickets.

that is very reasonable.. damned.. u are tempting me... <_<

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

$2000??? :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

that would take me alot of sites than Puerto Galera

Philippine diving is not that expensive; I paid US$149 for 4d/3n accomodation, 6 dives inclusive of gears. The accomodation is a simple chalet; pool front, balcony, aircon and hot shower most important.

But i guess what keeps the expense up is air tickets.

that's cheap!.. no budget airlines fly there yet?

• SRC Member

that is very reasonable.. damned.. u are tempting me... <_<

let's do it :evil::evil::evil:

darn.... im so hooked into it, ive got thoughts of giving up reef tank :ph34r::ph34r: .....

try to imagine, without that sky high PUB bills, how often i can dive.....

btw, kel, im diving w anto next month again :evil::evil:

• SRC Member

that's cheap!.. no budget airlines fly there yet?

budget airlines fly there; tiger air is the cheapest but it lands north of Manila which is actually near to Subic (wreck diving) while jet star asia is the best budget flight to take. But the only thing w budget airlines is u have to pay cash really early to get a good rate and by doing so, lose your flexibility in time.

• SRC Member
btw, kel, im diving w anto next month again :evil::evil:

giving up reefing and stick to diving?? u are tempting me... :P anyway, where u going with Anto??? u dove with him before?

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Woah, so soon diving again? I tot u said yr budget blown by this PG trip??? Btw do let me know if u guys plan to go again k, me and wifey very very interested heheh

Good to be able to go with some experienced ppl :P

• SRC Member

kel, still thinking about it lah, was contemplating if id miss my tank during days when im not diving.... i dove w anto last May, me and a group of friends thinking of doing either redang or dayang next month.

nleong, u really quit ha? not so sure and i guess i need more guts to jump into the bandwagon ;)

wedgee, my budget is burnt out alright, but short trips like malaysia is ok for me. will definitely let u know if there is any plans in the near future...

• SRC Member
just wondering.. how much does it cost to learn diving? always wanted to learn but never seemed to find the time (and money)

ervine,

I think there is a lot of topics on this matter already.. u can try looking ard in this section...

to learn open water, usually it ranges from $450-over $500+... then later ur equipment.. mind u, diving is more expensive and additive than golf... :P

• SRC Member
nleong, u really quit ha? not so sure and i guess i need more guts to jump into the bandwagon ;)

Jon,

It is confirmed that nleong quitted.. i even helped myself to his LRs.. kekeke..

Wedgee,

next time i go on trip, i let u know..

• SRC Member
wedgee Posted on Jun 15 2005, 06:59 AM

Hmmm Dayang sucks leh all mati corals...why not go tioman instead? 

I tinkin of takin advanced, but next month seems to be too soon for me wallet, havent even receive the bill for my phuket trip hahah... 

I also want to take my advanced. Anyone else? Maybe can go together as a group.

• SRC Member

hi Day and wedgee,

if u guys are keen, pm me and i can arrange for u ppl to take the course with the dive centre that i learnt from.. can always work out something... B)

me also saving up $$ for wedding.. not sure when will be the next trip...

Usually places like Aur/Dayang/Tioman are training areas where ppl either go there for courses or just to blow bubbles to cure the addiction...

Wedgee,

dun worry abt the bills from Phuket.. they will come soon.. and should be pretty manageable...

• SRC Member
im actually completing my advance next month ;)

i tot u did urs already??? no??? :o

• SRC Member
just did specialty lah, i have taken my deep and night, rest not yet so need to complete

can split up one ah?? meaning u getting 5 separate specialities??? u very rich... :P learn wreck diving and navigation lor..

• SRC Member

not rich lah, that time i dont know operators asked me take this take that n im so kuku til i found out just leeching $$$... now im taking everything once and for all....

btw, have u tried philippine waters before? next summer me n friends planning a 10-day dives in 2 areas there. let me know if u r interested.

• SRC Member
not rich lah, that time i dont know operators asked me take this take that n im so kuku til i found out just leeching $$$... now im taking everything once and for all....

btw, have u tried philippine waters before? next summer me n friends planning a 10-day dives in 2 areas there. let me know if u r interested.

want to go palawan leh :P

• SRC Member

bro, my gf's friend just came back from a palawan trip, she saw the pics and said its much better than our puerto galera trip; better viz, lots of things to see and wrecks are really amazing.... they paid $1800 though for the whole trip :ph34r::ph34r:

let me check how to get the best price via diy, as i also wanna check it out