Teak Fish cabinets

pommie

• SRC Member

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me upgrade to a 4ft tank but it must go with the rest of her furniture.

Do you know if there are any cabinets that are made from Indonesian teak wood?

or does anyone have one to sell?

Thanks

• SRC Member

Well if there are no teak cabinets, has anyone see any that are visually very pleasing and dont look like they have come from IKEA (not that I have anything against IKEA furniture).

I dont mind spending a lot of $$$ on a cabinet and would consider a 3ft too.

• SRC Member

hi,

me too had same problem. wife wants something 2 'go' with rest of the furniture.

finally settle on CR aquarium 4ft tank(do a search to go to their website & address). veri nice looking & quality cabinets. so are their price, veri pricey. you can much better money for value from tankmakers recommended by reefers here, suggest that you try them first.

CR aquarium's main display room at their seletar factory. go see it 2 get an idea or feel of the quality of cabinets you are seeking.

word of caution though;

their concept of no maintenance req'd, debunked by all in SRC.

sump setup (lots of ceramic rings and bioballs= nitrate factory; as explained by the SRC gurus), more for freshwater than marine (personal opin).

if u should engage them, suggest do your own sump design and hood reqts if u intend to mount in insde as per some reefers here.

take your time to do your search.

sori, veri 'loh-saw'. hope didnt lead u wrong path.

manta B)