Anyone else had problems with Rio Hyperflow Pumps?

ervine

• SRC Member

Hi guys,

My Rio hyperflow 6HF just died on me... was using it to run my chiller, luckily i found out about it early and managed to replace it with another spare pump i had lying around...

anyone else had problems with it before?

Erv.

• SRC Member

Well, I'm not sure if it's the pump's fault but I bought a Rio HF14 for my aquaC ev120. 1st time fire it up working well, lots of bubbles. But the second time i tried, no more bubbles already! :( Very little lah. Not sure if the pressure was not enough. Anyway, replaced with eheim liao. Anyway my rio pump that came with the macro100 needlewheel skimmer i bought? gave up on me in 2 weeks :( :(

• SRC Member
Hi guys,

My Rio hyperflow 6HF just died on me... was using it to run my chiller, luckily i found out about it early and managed to replace it with another spare pump i had lying around...

anyone else had problems with it before?

Erv.

No such problems with my 32HF running for the past 9mths as my main in-sump return pump. My chiller I use Eheim 1262 for reliability.

Eric

• SRC Member
hm... maybe i just suay... sigh.. nvm lah what to do

BTW, how the heck do i open it up to look at the impeller ah? Seems to be sealed shut w/o any seams at all

Seal? The whole big piece (white) colour thing that's attached to the magnet is the impeller. The design is different from other pumps thats why can produce such high flow.

Eric

bro, u see if got something stuck in the propeller of the rio pump. Rio is very affordable, but i wun say the product is flawless.

Best is go for high end pumps like aqua medic, eheim, aqua bee, sicce, red dragon, then wun have all these probs already.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member

Seal? The whole big piece (white) colour thing that's attached to the magnet is the impeller. The design is different from other pumps thats why can produce such high flow.

Eric

funny leh... i cannot seem to get it open!.. nvm I go fiddle a bit mroe maybe I just cockeye...

• SRC Supporter

im using rio20hf to drive skimmer,everytime i off and on it again the bubbles bcome very little,than i play around with my skimmer awhile turn and twist the thing than it will come back to full performance..very weird.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

Confirm a goner liao the pump.... I figured out how to get to the impeller, but nothing was stuck inside... dunk it back into water, flipped the switch, pump vibrates a little but that's abt it...

Shucks.. must have gotten a dud...

• SRC Supporter
Confirm a goner liao the pump.... I figured out how to get to the impeller, but nothing was stuck inside... dunk it back into water, flipped the switch, pump vibrates a little but that's abt it...

Shucks.. must have gotten a dud...

i got my rio from a reefer and samething happen,vibrates alittle only..

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member

IT'S ALIVE!! ALIVE!!

I was about to buy another power head to pump in more flow into some dead spots in my tank.. then I thought why not try to fix the damn thing then can save some money..

So I took it apart again, fiddled here and there and realised that somehow the ceramic shaft wasn't really placed properly or the part that needs to be screwed in was screwed in too tightly, resulting in a lot of friction thus the turbine won't flow...

So fiddle here, fiddle there, re-aligned the shaft properly... then ok liao...

Heng.. saved some money...