Very fine bubbles in tank

alanysw

• SRC Member

My new tank is full of fine bubbles which make the tank looks a bit blur. I don't think that is normal. Have tried to solve it but only able to zero down to my skimmer. Anyone got similiar experiences? Can advise???

Alan

Bro, where is your skimmer? hang on or in the sump?? try take a pic, it's so much easier for others to help you troubleshoot... If the bubbles from skimmer, you have to tink of ways to block out the bubbles... either using a filter bag or sponge... :P

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
My new tank is full of fine bubbles which make the tank looks a bit blur. I don't think that is normal. Have tried to solve it but only able to zero down to my skimmer. Anyone got similiar experiences? Can advise???

Alan

Add more Baffles plates in the sump will help and use of filter wool will help but must change regularly else will increase your nutrients level.

eric

• SRC Member

Like some of the bros advised, if you have a sump, maybe adding baffles and filter wool might help. Is your skimmer in the last chamber? Mabe locating it in the second chamber might help.

If you're using hang-on skimmer like a prizm, maybe a course filter wool at the last chamber might help but make sure it's not too compactly stuffed in...otherwise will restrict flow.

Cheers! :)

48x30x27' Tank. Beckett Skimmer. Deltec PF600s. RM FR Pro. DE 250Wx2. DE T5 39Wx4. Tunze 7095+6000x2. Sequence DART pumps x2 (1 return+1chiller)

• 2 weeks later...