help! parasite

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member

either plug it out and kill it, or separate the fish wait it to move away loh.

There some chemical\medicine product to kill them, but I believe the good pods will suffer too in the main tank.

In case you worry many will turn up later, time to try get a hand on fish which may interested to eat them. Me dunno, maybe wrasse.

either plug it out and kill it, or separate the fish wait it to move away loh.

There some chemical\medicine product to kill them, but I believe the good pods will suffer too in the main tank.

In case you worry many will turn up later, time to try get a hand on fish which may interested to eat them. Me dunno, maybe wrasse.

i try to plug it out b4. and it is hard. ( the harder u pull, the harder it suck on the fish body). and ur fish start bleeding.

i believed this pod oreadi keep some egg in my main tank.

i get a cleaner wrasser b4, but the isopod is too big for them to eat!! :( (then itself oso "kena")

poor thing.

any other suggestion?

it should detach itself and swim away when it had its fill of blood. ? i think it change color because it drank too much blood

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-05/rs/

oh...

but the thing is, when it swan of from the YT body, and stick at the front glass, u can c its color is yellow. become white when on sand.

thanks for the link. actually bro Gouldian oready pass me the link b4. anywhere, thanks!

some update!

this morning, i caught n kill 3 from my powder brown tang's body. (final comfirm) it is isopod! coz they grow big enough, n u can actually c it clearly.

wat i did:-

-caught my tang out from the water n treat directly.

-make a 1 minute fresh water bath.

wat i realise:-

-they can move like insect when out fr the water.

-out from water is much easier to get them

-they still ok with fresh water bath.

4 wat im thinking is, this creature like tang alots. coz whole of my life, only 3 tangs i have, and all of them will suffer for this.

i wonder, how many of them still remain in my tank. :erm:

• SRC Member

Probably your tangs are the "well feeded" in there? :P

Do advise you workup something pro-active to suppress\remove those pests. If cleaner wrasse not good enough, may be some other wrasse.

Those articles may give you some hints. I'm really noob in this.

Another suggestion is to try a post in ReefCentral.

There's a professor (Dr. Ron) who's specialize in marine invertebrate. Sea bugs is probably one of its field.

Good luck

:D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

after 10days without any sight of them. finally, a group of "baby" isopod attack my firefish & six line wrasse. six line wrasse only eat which is on their body. especially on its tail. never get 1 fr the fire fish body! :cry:

most of the RC member recommand for fishless atleast 3-6 months... :(

• SRC Member

I'm guessing these suckers may part-time working as scavenger. Think I read up something in Dr. Ron forum something like this. Those buggers are very adaptive to new environment.

How about try cleaner wrasses?

Again, I recommend Dr. Ron forum for best feedback.

Keep us pose on any progress, such knowledge would be very valuable to many.

I'm guessing these suckers may part-time working as scavenger. Think I read up something in Dr. Ron forum something like this. Those buggers are very adaptive to new environment.

How about try cleaner wrasses?

Again, I recommend Dr. Ron forum for best feedback.

Keep us pose on any progress, such knowledge would be very valuable to many.

ya! im there too. so wat they recommanded is leave ur tank fishless. beside of that i really dun kno wat to do.

i try cleaner wrasse b4 oso. not help! itself oso "kena"! :blink: wat to do...... :( the fire fish size is oso about the same as the cleanner wrasse, so fire fish wont allow the cleaner wrasse get any closer! :erm:

• 4 months later...