eheim 1262

Rocky99

• SRC Member

i got a 1262 for my chiller and 19mm eheim hose to connect to the outlet. unfortunately, the fitting provided is meant for 16mm hose and not suitable for the 19mm hose. anyone knows where to get the 19mm fittting to replace the 16mm fitting for the outlet so that i can use the bigger hose?

thanks. i tried petmart but they don't have. :) only got the 25mm fitting. :thanks:

• SRC Member

Are you running your eheim in-sump or out of sump? I thought that the eheim comes with 2 connector. 1 is 16mm and the other one is for 19mm (I believe). I think the intend is to use the 19mm for inlet and 16mm for outlet. But if you use it insump, then you can just use the 19mm connector that comes with the eheim pump to connect to your hose.

I have a Eheim 1262 also, and I'm using the 16mm pumping to return to my tank. Not sure if there will be significant improvement in the flow if I change it to 19mm hose. Any one?

• SRC Member
Are you running your eheim in-sump or out of sump? I thought that the eheim comes with 2 connector. 1 is 16mm and the other one is for 19mm (I believe). I think the intend is to use the 19mm for inlet and 16mm for outlet. But if you use it insump, then you can just use the 19mm connector that comes with the eheim pump to connect to your hose.

I have a Eheim 1262 also, and I'm using the 16mm pumping to return to my tank. Not sure if there will be significant improvement in the flow if I change it to 19mm hose. Any one?

i'm actually using it externally. it came with 2 fittings - 16mm and 25mm. the first one for outlet and the 2nd one for inlet. i expect signficant improvement if i can find the 19mm fitting cos i'm pumping water through quite a distance. thanks. :)

• SRC Member

it will improved. I read it somewhere in the net that it sort of reduce load on the pump, but paiseh can't find the article to share with you here.

I am using 19mm

• SRC Member

thanks thanks. esp for the great pic. i think its an excellent solution. the eheim fitting cost abt 20dollars and does not come in the size i want, 19mm. the hose connector is only 2dollars from any hardware shop. :)

• SRC Member

it will improved. I read it somewhere in the net that it sort of reduce load on the pump, but paiseh can't find the article to share with you here.

I am using 19mm

Hmmm.............I always tot more flow = more load ?

Is it true? Engineerings pls help..................

Eric