My Very First Humble 2ft Tank

seamonkee

• SRC Member

Here's some pic of my little 2ft tank... Not very impressive lah but a good first try for me... hehe... comments please...

Set up date: mid-Jun 2003

Tank Size: 24 x 18 x 18

2217 Canister Filter

Sanders Protein Skimmer (Time to upgrade!)

4" grade "0" DSB with a 0.5" grade "1" on top

Salinity 1.023

Alkalinity 13

NH3 - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate -5

Denizens of the Deep:

1x Blue Tang (small)

1x Brazilian Gramma

1x FireFish Goby

2x False Percula (small)

Corals:

1 suncoral

2 frags of shrooms....

1 small polyps

+ some other corals which I dunno the name (maybe someone can help?)

• SRC Member

Here's my huge 2 inch big snail... he's damn hardworking!

Besides my 2 inch big turbo snail, i have the following cleanup crew:

1x astrea snail

1x cleaner skunk shrimp

1x boxer crab

and lots and lots of small brittle star which comes on the live rock... till date, I counted about 8 of them...

post-34-1063424587.jpg

• SRC Member

It's purposely made with a big hole in the middle... for good circulation... I use a combi of flat LRs and huge LRs to make lots of caves... The flat ones are good for stacking so u can do a second level and onwards.. Maybe that's why look like sunken ship lah... haha...

I got the flat ones from R*B**N b4 they shifted... they were clearing it... got it only at $4 per kg then.. haha..

Lots and lots of caves in there...

but the funny part of my tank is that my fishes REALLY swims together! Damn funny... The two clowns are usually in the lead, followed by the blue tang and gramma... then the firefish... if u see it, u will know how funny it is....

BTW, the shrooms in my tanks are spreading... I am happy to see three "baby" shrooms yesterday nite.. yeah!

• SRC Member

As for corals, I will add them slowly.. this is my experimental tank. I am getting married next year and will probably get a good 4 to 5 feet tank then... wife's gift to me.. how fortunate can u get? :angel:

• SRC Member

Here's another newborn in my tank... saw it two nights back...

a nudibranch (around 1cm long) with green protusions on the back.. like a porcupine... hehe...

I like to see stuff "growing" in there... u never know what u are going to get...

post-34-1063425813.jpg

Great! I like the way the rocks r stacked, creating many caves, I wish mine has more "lobang" like yours. When your tank matures n you have more corals, it will look more vibrant wif the different colours, hope to see more pics when you start adding more corals.

• SRC Member
Here's another newborn in my tank... saw it two nights back...

a nudibranch (around 1cm long) with green protusions on the back.. like a porcupine... hehe...

I like to see stuff "growing" in there... u never know what u are going to get...

I suggest u take this guy out......

I think it is a pest that feed on zoos.

• SRC Member

Thanks Ricordea, I realise it yesterday nite... I thot there's only a harmless one until saw a colony of them feeding on my polyps... I threw that frag away because the polyps were dying and the frag was smelling bad.

Then some of the remaining ones (nudibranchs) were seen moving towards the other polyps frag at the other end of the tank!!!

Damn like Alien Invasion man! :blink: