Thinking of Setting Up a Nano Tank in the Future

supremo

• SRC Member

Hi All, Am thinking of setting up a 1 foot cube tank that will be FOWLR. But since I have started with marine I've always thought that we must have a sump. Does this apply with nano cube? :erm: If not, then I guess I'll have to let go of some of the stuff I used to use for my tank (i.e. Coil Denitrator, skimmer, kalk reactor, FR for Rowaphos), so which ones should remain? Or we use purely biological filtration plus regular water changes :paiseh: . Just curious

1. Via-Aqua MultiSkimmer - $25.00

2. DIY Kalk Reactor - $25.00

3. Atman Protein Skimmer - $25.00

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member

try custom making a cube with internal overflow sys... with that u can hide ur skimmer behind.. But since its a nano tank, changing water shouldnt be a hassle... will take no more than 10 mins ..

if ur nearest lfs selling Nsw even better ;) just siphone out the water from ur tank and topup using NSW easy as 1 2 3... its easy so u can do water change weekly...

• SRC Member

ermm a skimmer would be nice.. a weipro cheap and good ;)

well if ur going for sps err u need heavy lightings ,mh with chiller..

If ur going for softies lps errmm anything from t5 to pl is good enough.

For chiller it seems kinda wierd to get a chiller for a 1ft cube lol maybe u can get a ice probe ;) well just my 2 cents not sure about the efficency of ice probe.

Than daily dosing of kalkwasser would be nice using ur kalk reactor hee

• SRC Member

i still have one of those airstone skimmer, i could probably design a tank which could fit it. thanks for the inputs :D

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member

FR kinda big for a nano lol.. so i recommend 20% water change using NSW ;) instead of mixed salt water ;).. oh ya an if possible topup with distilled water ;)

i am actually thinking of getting iaquatic to custom make a nano for my gf lol

• SRC Member
FR kinda big for a nano lol.. so i recommend 20% water change using NSW ;) instead of mixed salt water ;).. oh ya an if possible topup with distilled water ;)

wa... hehe.. reali pro 1 feet nano guys :D

• SRC Member

cool bro. if you get quote, let me know how much. if buy 2 maybe we can get better deal ;)

PM Me if interested.

• SRC Member
FR ah, my Otto would be too big for a 1ft cube tank, <_< would this mean sump is needed :(

too big ar.. sell me, i would like to have it. Used to have the same one last time, but tot of giving up tat time den sell it away. Regret now. PM me if u wan to sell.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• SRC Member

hello there bro,

Jus my 2cts. I am keeping a 2ft bought off the shelf, just go to glass factory and buy 2pcs of custom cut glass(6mm) for the ios, buy a tube of silicon and viola... a "custom" made 2ft tank. Cost me only = 2ft tank(6mm) $15, 2pc glass $9.

Can buy small tank and cut the ios glass urself at any glass factory. If u staying in the north, i can provide the address of the factory.

Running an air stone skimmer, 2 dc fans(temp around 27d), have a trigger, maroon clown and a chromis inside. Intend to make another one for my mantis whom is staying inside another 2ft but without ios.

If wan we go buy together and can diy together.

cheers

post-69-1124424276.jpg

Watch your thoughts’ they become words.

Watch your words; they become actions.

Watch your actions; they become habits.

Watch your habits; they become character.

Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

--Frank Outlaw