cost under-cutting and equipment pirates

weileong

• SRC Member
:off: WL and all Deltec or other brand product users, one way to reduce the wear and tear of the o-ring is to apply a coating of silicone gel on the o-ring. Such gel quite hard to find locally but can be found in other countries. It will make un-twisting much easier (less friction). But still do not know if it will have any effect on corals as now applied to skimmer on my FOWLR. :D

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

weisoon, I've no issues on the wear and tear on the O-ring. In fact I am ready to replace them when it starts to leak.

I need to clarify this part too before I am mis-quoted.

But looking at the deltec CR old model,who took 2 to 3 hours just to fill it up spoonful by spoonful?Can the Cr be opened up to do maintenance thou its claimed not need to maintain besides topping up media?

It takes 2-3hours because this includes the time needed to wash the 30kg of rowalith which is fine like sand. You could always not that do and pour the rowalith directly into the CR and this case maybe take 5mins. However I prefer to wash the media many many times until it is clean.

The other way would be to pour the rowalith w/o washing into the CR then flush the CR with tap water (with the CR circulation pump running) until the water in the chamber turns clear.

• SRC Member
Brother....what business or trade are you in? Can teach me some skills? I am desperately in need of some cold hard cash! :lol::lol::lol:

morning - shipping (illegal smuggling) :lol:

afternoon - bookie, toto, 4D, 12 ki

night - changi village pai loti :pinch::lol:

no lar jus a quote only lar... cos he say I'm looking for a cheapo chiller, and cant prove his grounds. <_<

I particularly like this quote from u

K.N.N.....how much can you earn from selling a chiller! or what ever!.

:lol: