WTS Wave Makers

vagabond

• SRC Member

Hey bro...

May i know how u used your ocean current?...i've checked out the website etc but doesn't seem to provide much information and i wanted to find out if this unit can be incorporated into my return to the tank...but am unaware if it causes alot of head loss and if it's even doable?...

It only states that it can be connected to a powerhead etc.....doesn't have a chart on headloss or speed of oscilation etc...

Sorry for the twenty questions....but it would help in my decision making process and ultimately in your sale...

cheers ;)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

Here's a write out - The SCWD is a revolutionary device. It is a mechanical wave maker, requiring no additional energy, made with demanding customers in mind. This innovative wave maker will stimulate coral growth, enhance fish health, and increases oxygenation in the water. The SCWD does this by creating similar movements as found in the ocean.

The SCWD has been manufactured to the highest degree of quality and has been field tested with over 53000 hrs of trouble free operation.

The SCWD takes water from your existing pump or filter and alternately switches water between the two outlet ports at varying intervals.

The SCWD creates movements similar to those found in the ocean. These movements stimulate coral growth, enhance fish health, and increases oxygenation in the water.

The SCWD is a mechanical wave maker requiring no additional energy.Ê Just hook it up to your existing aquarium set-up and watch it bring your tank to life.

As mentioned SCWD has been field-tested for over 53000 hours of continuous use in a sustained reef environment where water conditions were at or above calcium levels of 400ppm. In addition, SCWD has been subjected to qualification testing, which included use of hard water and elevated calcium levels (1000ppm) that were sustained for six weeks.Ê After one month the power head running the SCWD stopped working, and required cleaning.Ê Two weeks later the same power head failed again, but SCWD continued to operate without incident.

The SCWDÕs switching response is dependant on the amount of water volume running through the device.Ê The more water the faster the switching response.Ê

The SCWD can be mounted either internally or externally, depending on the desired results.Ê The unit housing is completely sealed less the inlet and two outlets, so it may be hung outside the aquarium.Ê The product materials are completely safe in both fresh and salt-water environments making it safe for installing inside the tank.

Although not overly sensitive to the normal particulate and debris found in reef tank environments, it is strongly recommended that the water flowing through the SCWD is pre-filtered.

The SCWD can be ran off a pump or power head at as low as 50 gallons per hour, and can be used with pump applications up to 1400 gallons and hour.Ê Keep in mind that at fifty gallons an hour the switching response is very slow, and at 1400 gallons an hour the switching response is quite rapid.

The SCWD is guaranteed to withstand water pressures up to 5 PSI

• SRC Member

Dude!....read my thread again buddy....i mentioned that i've already gone through the site but it doesn't provide much information on the real life usage and i was asking how did u use the unit in your tank....what's the kinda headloss i can expect from the unit, can it be connected to my return pipe etc...i don't need scientific numbers...but a lil bit of your time in addressing these questions seeing that this piece of equipment is unfamiliar to me...and i bet most in here....

besides...it's bound to help ur sale.....cheers.... :)

Tank 66"x27"x28" - Return Pump Red Dragon 12m3 - Skimmer Deltec AP701 - Chiller Starmex - Wavemakers Wavysea - Lighting DE 6 x T5-HO

southpaw23's reef

• SRC Member

OEM already specified this: "... Ocean Currents' Wave Makers are specifically designed for high-flow aquarium applications and are easy to use! Simply plan where you want waves, currents or still water in your aquarium...Place the device at the proper location in your aquarium using the suction cups on the base (use stands as required). Attach the inlet to any pump or power head with a 5/8" or 3/4" discharge ..." and I followed wat is mentioned.

As for head loss, wat i can say is not much losses.

• SRC Member

Thanks for the info bro but i guess it's my fault...i should have specified earlier that i was looking for more first hand experience as opposed to what the web site states....but really tho...thanks for your info and help on the matter....

Am still seriously considering the unit so i'll get back to you on it as soon as i make my decision...

cheers,

southpaw23's reef

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...