Brands of Masks

cityofangels

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Do you plan to put prescription on the mask? If you want to, you cant go for single piece. For prescription mask, I am using Mares Opera. It is not the latest model but definitely a very good mask.

For single piece, I have tried Aqualung Sphera. Very low volume. Definitely will not leak and easy to clear. However, a lot of pple who do not wear spectacle will have problem with this mask.

• SRC Member

that is a lot of money to budget for a mask.. but wif it, it provides u with a wider range of masks..

as mentioned, if u prefer a single pane n intend to wear contacts lens (assuming that u wear glasses), u can try the following.

Brands like ScubaPro, Tusa, Mares, Oceanic

Mares Vision ~ approx $70-80??

ScubaPro Frameless ~ $150-180?

Tusa M14 ~ $60-75?

however, the above dun matter if they dun fit u.. the most impt is the fit..

the Mask i'm using? ScubaPro frameless OEM $40!!!.. works like a charm.. low volume, easy to clear. Backup mask, Tusa M14

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

dradttg: Nope, I don't intend to use prescription lenses. I use hard contact lenses. You mentioned Aqualung Sphera. Why is it that ppl who do not wear spectacles will have problems with this mask? :unsure:

kelstorm: I put aside that budget because I don't know how much masks cost in SG. For a good pair in Western Australia, it can cost you around AU$100. Anyway, I am glad that buying equipment in SG is much cheaper. :rolleyes: Thanks for the brands which you have recommended! I will do a google-search tonight. :)

• SRC Member

u be surprise how cheap dive equipment can be in SG as compared to our neighbouring countries..

u can even get a mask + snorkel for ard $60, eg: those TUSA mask +snorkel package in shopping centres, or a mask for ard <$40 at some dive shops like Richmond, Oceanic and waikiki in concourse.. however, the brands are like Problue, Seikodive etc... taiwan made of course.. but then, nowadays, which items aint from China or Taiwan??

Most of the tempered glass for the masks comes from Taiwan anyway..

there are other brands as well, like Sherwood, Seacsub, Poseidon

The most common i see are Tusa, Mares...

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

Where is Richmond & Oceanic? I can't seem to find them in the Yellow Pages.

I managed to find this website on Masks with a S'pore IP address. However, it does not state the location of the store & I can't seem to find it in the Yellow Pages too. Have you heard of the shop, Professional Divers? :huh:

At the moment, I seem pretty interested in the Mares X-Vision. It has a good review too. What do you think about it?

• SRC Member
I managed to find this website on Masks with a S'pore IP address. However, it does not state the location of the store & I can't seem to find it in the Yellow Pages too. Have you heard of the shop, Professional Divers? :huh:

Anyway, I just emailed the person and the email bounced back! So I think the company closed shop. :paiseh:

• SRC Member

At the moment, I seem pretty interested in the Mares X-Vision. It has a good review too. What do you think about it?

both are located in concourse, beach road....

• SRC Member

I'm using X-Vision now, its field of vision is excellent. The buckles are extremely easy to adjust. The only problem is that it doesn't fit me very well :( Leaks a bit when I'm inverted <_<

• SRC Member
dradttg: Nope, I don't intend to use prescription lenses. I use hard contact lenses. You mentioned Aqualung Sphera. Why is it that ppl who do not wear spectacles will have problems with this mask? :unsure:

kelstorm: I put aside that budget because I don't know how much masks cost in SG. For a good pair in Western Australia, it can cost you around AU$100. Anyway, I am glad that buying equipment in SG is much cheaper. :rolleyes: Thanks for the brands which you have recommended! I will do a google-search tonight. :)

I used to use contact len too but I find it very painful whenever my eyes comes into contact with saltwater.

The sphera has a extremely wide angle and the len is extremely close to the eyes (hence low volume). Somehow, those that are not short sighted will get vertigo.

• SRC Member

Reefer guy: Really? Wow, quite a few dive shops in Concourse. Will try to pop by this weekend! Thanks! :D

Ekia: Oh ok.. Did you purchase it in SG? Which shop did you purchase it from? :)

dradttg: Vertigo? Oh no! I'm short-sighted, so thank goodness that wouldn't be a problem for me. :rolleyes: Will check it out at the shops! Thanks! :)

• SRC Member

in Concourse,

U will be able to find the following brands of masks

Richmond : ScubaPro, Problue

Waikiki : Mares, Deep Outdoors, Dacor, Tusa

Oceanic: Oceanic

Lucky Plaza, I only go to this shop called Paris in Basement 1 even though there are 2 more other shops.

Paris: Mares, Tusa, Cressi

U mentioned u like X-vision? it is not a single pane glass that u had mentioned.. but then if it fits u n u like it.. think that is wat matter most.. :P

Another note, if u not in hurry to get ur mask, i would recommend that u walk ard to scout for the prices first.. sometimes, the same mask can vary in prices between shops.

hope u know how to do the mask fit test. All the best in shopping for your mask

• SRC Member
Reefer guy: Really? Wow, quite a few dive shops in Concourse. Will try to pop by this weekend! Thanks! :D

Ekia: Oh ok.. Did you purchase it in SG? Which shop did you purchase it from? :)

dradttg: Vertigo? Oh no! I'm short-sighted, so thank goodness that wouldn't be a problem for me. :rolleyes: Will check it out at the shops! Thanks! :)

Yup.. purchased it at one of the shops at Lucky Plaza about 4 months ago. Cost abt $60+.

• SRC Member

kelstorm: Yeah, I know the X-Vision isn't a single piece glass but reviews have commented on their wide field of vision. I wanted a single panel glass as I wanted the max. field of vision possible. I think I'll try to drop by Concourse this weekend. Thanks so much for the tips! :):peace:

Ekia: $60+ for X-Vision? That's cheap! Anticipated much more! Heheh But I'm not complaining! ;)

Hammerhd: You've used the X-vision before? Care to share some reviews? :rolleyes:

• SRC Member
kelstorm: Yeah, I know the X-Vision isn't a single piece glass but reviews have commented on their wide field of vision. I wanted a single panel glass as I wanted the max. field of vision possible. I think I'll try to drop by Concourse this weekend. Thanks so much for the tips! :):peace:

Ekia: $60+ for X-Vision? That's cheap! Anticipated much more! Heheh But I'm not complaining! ;)

Hammerhd: You've used the X-vision before? Care to share some reviews? :rolleyes:

Be prepared to bargain a bit. The retail price/price tag is around $80-90. They automatically give discounts to local :lol:

• SRC Member
Be prepared to bargain a bit. The retail price/price tag is around $80-90. They automatically give discounts to local :lol:

Regulars u meant?? :lol:

• SRC Member

Any regulars care to go mask shopping with me?? :lol::eyebrow:

I will be going down to Lucky Plaze within these few days to shop around for my dive com. $$$ :cry2: Will help u check out the price of the X-Vision. Heard that Paris(one of the shops at Lucky Plaza) has closed down though. Another model that u can consider is the Oceanic Shadow... quite good feedbacks from my friends using it.

• SRC Member
Will help u check out the price of the X-Vision. Heard that Paris(one of the shops at Lucky Plaza) has closed down though.

Are u sure??? :o

• SRC Member

Yup. There was a closing down sale a few weeks ago Will confirm with u when I comes back from the visit the lucky plaza :lol:

maybe it is time for me to get my new Mares Abyss regs.. kekeke.. will probably pop by this weekend.. hopefully still ard

• SRC Member

maybe it is time for u to go n get ur mask.. should be a good deal then..