Back from Christchurch, New Zealand

Dispar_Anthias

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Was in South Island for my Honeymoon in June 02. Winter in NZ is fantastic. The glacier, the weather, the people, the fish and chip. My Fav is Milford Sound.

DA & RAV, I think 9+ hours is flight from Sing to Auckland. Flight from Auckland to Christchurch is another 2-3 hours. This was what I remember.

Now cannot find my pictures.....

I think (marine) therefore I am

Was in South Island for my Honeymoon in June 02. Winter in NZ is fantastic. The glacier, the weather, the people, the fish and chip. My Fav is Milford Sound.

DA & RAV, I think 9+ hours is flight from Sing to Auckland. Flight from Auckland to Christchurch is another 2-3 hours. This was what I remember.

Now cannot find my pictures.....

Hmm i was sure direct flight was 9/1/2hrs.... Did you guys transit ;)

Hmm i was sure direct flight was 9/1/2hrs.... Did you guys transit ;)

Go to Christchurch must transit right? really cant remember... I only remember when I reach Christchurch, it was frigging cold... and that was the time that I realised that I was actually afraid of cold.... always thought that I loved cold weather.... :D

Yah.... in fact, the day I reach CC I was having a running nose, and these NZers are very paranoid when u r sick, while renting a car, the person in charge actually asked me to step away from the counter, as though I was diseased!!! :( :( :(

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Go to Christchurch must transit right? really cant remember... I only remember when I reach Christchurch, it was frigging cold... and that was the time that I realised that I was actually afraid of cold.... always thought that I loved cold weather.... :D

Yah.... in fact, the day I reach CC I was having a running nose, and these NZers are very paranoid when u r sick, while renting a car, the person in charge actually asked me to step away from the counter, as though I was diseased!!! :( :( :(

LOL i took SQ direct flight....

Yup... they are very strict with foods, animal product and related products... clear custom also kia kia :lol::lol:

• SRC Member

wow. That means now SQ got direct flight to CC liao. Last time no such thing leh. Must transit in Auckland.

RAV, I went in winter to Milford but damn shiok. I love cold. Most times in NZ and Europe (both went in winter), I only wear jeans, LS polo and outer. No thermals.

Instead in SG, my nose sneeze like mad. In winter not once in a month.

DA...did you try the speedboat down the river? In winter very shiok man!!

The only thing that I chicken was the AJ bungee. Stand on the bridge, my balls frozen liao...no need to jump.

I think (marine) therefore I am

wow. That means now SQ got direct flight to CC liao. Last time no such thing leh. Must transit in Auckland.

RAV, I went in winter to Milford but damn shiok. I love cold. Most times in NZ and Europe (both went in winter), I only wear jeans, LS polo and outer. No thermals.

The only thing that I chicken was the AJ bungee. Stand on the bridge, my balls frozen liao...no need to jump.

Hehehe... didn't have time for the speed boat when I was in Hanmer Springs... but had the bungee instead, the feeling was really out of the world!!! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
but had the bungee instead, the feeling was really out of the world!!! :P

yeah... even airborne cannot be compared to this.. i felt like i'm committing suicide without actually dying.. :P but i did it in Batam then.. :lol: going to NZ for honeymoon.. might consider jumping again wif my wife.. kekeke

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member
Hehehe... didn't have time for the speed boat when I was in Hanmer Springs... but had the bungee instead, the feeling was really out of the world!!! :P

I could never imagine doing a bungee jump. Vincent, can you try to share what goes through a person's head before, during and after the jump? :lol:

yeah... even airborne cannot be compared to this.. i felt like i'm committing suicide without actually dying.. :P but i did it in Batam then.. :lol: going to NZ for honeymoon.. might consider jumping again wif my wife.. kekeke

I rather do it in NZ... you ask me to do in Batam, I scared man!!!! <_<

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
I could never imagine doing a bungee jump. Vincent, can you try to share what goes through a person's head before, during and after the jump? :lol:

when i was standing at the leaping platform, i was like,

Before: why the hell did i wanna do this (legs trembling, voice shaking, pee coming)

During the moment i left the platform, i regretted jumping... nothing to grip onto, cant scream, face was machiem like rubber, felt like leaping off a building, pee stopped coz all the muscles in ur body tense up..

After: Be a poser.. give victory sign n take photo n smile.. but heart inside, nearly stop, pee recycled back into body system due to muscle spasm, cursing under the breath n swore never to do such stuff again :lol:

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• SRC Member

:wub: ...soooooo nice!.....Sure hope I can make a trip down before I start my family planning.......or maybe I should try a "make in down down under" kekeke :lol::lol::lol:

Dispar....envy envy you! :P

Eh....

When I did it, I actually was mentally prepared, but I saw one of my colleague who was going to jump but was very hesitant... but he couldn't back out as his GF already jumped before he did... so cannot malu mah... :D

Normally, if the rope is tied to your leg, you can only do a "jump-off" launch from the platform ( coz your legs are tied together mah... ) :P

If the rope is attached to harness around your crotch area, den you can run 3-5 steps and jump off the platform... but of coz normally you dun run very nicely, coz very scared mah... :lol::lol:

After you jump, on the way down, you either hear yourself screaming or the rush of the air in your ears, actually the scary part is not the time when you free fall, but the time when the rubber rope/cord is fully extended and you kanna tarik back up into the sky, you'll see youself coming closer and closer to the platform ( that you just jumped off ) and u start to get worried that you would hit your head against the platform... fxxk!! :pinch:

But that normally doesn't happen and you go up and down and up and down, boucing like Diabolus melons until you finally come to somewhere in the air and you hand there lor... until you are rescued...

When I was in Mt Hutt, they used harness so when I was hanging down there, they throw another rope down and winch me back up to the platform.

At Hanmer Springs, I jump off a bridge "into" a riverand becoz the rope is tied to my leg, I was hanging upside down, with even more blood rushing to my head after the jump and waited for the speed boat to come by the river and pull me onto the boat... ;)

Overall, each jump cost me about NZ$100, but it was an exhilarating experience and a true adrenalin rush... If I ever get the chance again, I would jump again! :P

Here's a copy of my jump certificate... can only photostat and scan since it's already framed up and dun ask me why low cheapskate must use handwritten name one... :P

post-11-1129888972.jpg

post-34-1105890976.jpg

when i was standing at the leaping platform, i was like,

Before: why the hell did i wanna do this (legs trembling, voice shaking, pee coming)

During the moment i left the platform, i regretted jumping... nothing to grip onto, cant scream, face was machiem like rubber, felt like leaping off a building, pee stopped coz all the muscles in ur body tense up..

After: Be a poser.. give victory sign n take photo n smile.. but heart inside, nearly stop, pee recycled back into body system due to muscle spasm, cursing under the breath n swore never to do such stuff again :lol:

Hahaha... good one! :P

post-34-1105890976.jpg

Yes now every week got one direct flight SQ297.....

Yup tried the shotover jet at the canyon..... Damn shiok

Eh....

When I did it, I actually was mentally prepared, but I saw one of my colleague who was going to jump but was very hesitant... but he couldn't back out as his GF already jumped before he did... so cannot malu mah... :D

Normally, if the rope is tied to your leg, you can only do a "jump-off" launch from the platform ( coz your legs are tied together mah... ) :P

If the rope is attached to harness around your crotch area, den you can run 3-5 steps and jump off the platform... but of coz normally you dun run very nicely, coz very scared mah... :lol::lol:

After you jump, on the way down, you either hear yourself screaming or the rush of the air in your ears, actually the scary part is not the time when you free fall, but the time when the rubber rope/cord is fully extended and you kanna tarik back up into the sky, you'll see youself coming closer and closer to the platform ( that you just jumped off ) and u start to get worried that you would hit your head against the platform... fxxk!! :pinch:

But that normally doesn't happen and you go up and down and up and down, boucing like Diabolus melons until you finally come to somewhere in the air and you hand there lor... until you are rescued...

When I was in Mt Hutt, they used harness so when I was hanging down there, they throw another rope down and winch me back up to the platform.

At Hanmer Springs, I jump off a bridge "into" a riverand becoz the rope is tied to my leg, I was hanging upside down, with even more blood rushing to my head after the jump and waited for the speed boat to come by the river and pull me onto the boat... ;)

Overall, each jump cost me about NZ$100, but it was an exhilarating experience and a true adrenalin rush... If I ever get the chance again, I would jump again! :P

Here's a copy of my jump certificate... can only photostat and scan since it's already framed up and dun ask me why low cheapskate must use handwritten name one... :P

LOL.... bro now each jump at the canyopn outside queenstown is only NZ$20 :lol::lol: