White Sport on fisH

awei

• SRC Member

the fish won't die?? when you bring and soak it in freshwater???

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L

• SRC Member

have used freshwater bath several times - it will usually work if the fish is still reasonably healthy, but if the fish is to far gone (e.g. eye already cloudy) then it is usually too late.

try to raise the pH of the fresh to water same as your tank (can add bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) ). Also make sure the water temp is similar to your tank. Dip for 5 mins but no longer than 10.

Real reefs don't have glass bottoms....(...think about it)

have used freshwater bath several times - it will usually work if the fish is still reasonably healthy, but if the fish is to far gone (e.g. eye already cloudy) then it is usually too late.

try to raise the pH of the fresh to water same as your tank (can add bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) ). Also make sure the water temp is similar to your tank. Dip for 5 mins but no longer than 10.

hi,

I have just "murdered" my tang yesterday. She has white spots. So, I tool her out and gave her freshwater bath for less than 1 mins and let her back to the tank.

She was ok but this morning goes to heaven :<

Have tried the following methods:

a) Food soaked with garlic

B) Partial change of water

c) Freshwater bath

Nothing work. White spots keep coming. Don't intend to try commercial medication as I have live rocks and several shrimps.

Now, I have left with 1 clown and 1 angel.

Any experts who can advise moi ?

Much appreciated. Kam siah chwee chwee.

• SRC Member

The best advice i can give u now is to catch out yur fishes into another tank and treat them with medication.

The trouble of catching them is worth it, if u compare it to watching yur fishes slowly suffer and die... :nc:

Try to catch them early in the morning. They are more sluggish. :)

My Tank

Save A Horse, Ride A Cowboy

• SRC Member

i suffered the same problem but luckily managed it..nothing died and i did not change water that much.. i bought the medicine which was very effective only for $13+ .....also did fresh water dips with squeezed chopped up garlic juice......

AG_fishjumping.gif

3.5 X 2.5 X 2.5 Reef Coming up :))

136+39(UK)

163+47(US)

618+178L