Correct practise

ckevin

• SRC Member

What do i mean when i offer little or no details in a sales thread?

Possible sale of LS/equipment

What it means: I will sell if the offer price is higher than what i paid for.

WTS 5 ft tank

What it means: I don't have enough common sense to know people need to know whether it is a 5x10x10ft tank or a 5 inch glass tank.

WTS 5x2x2 tank (no pics offered)

What it means: Picture says a thousand words and i definitely cannot take weight of that many criticisms.

WTS Super pink yuma ( lousy pic offered with an apology)

What it means: You will most likely be disappointed upon collection.

WTS MH bulbs (no details)

What it means: I am assuming people don't care how long i have used the bulb or what spectrum or what wattage etc

Please take a moment to see how these fellow reefers did their sales. Learn to do it the right way :D. Offer the details you would need as a buyer of the item you sell.

Acidjazz

tigerpommie

acidjazz

ikan83

Please don't take it personal. Comments above not directed at anyone. :P

• SRC Member

Interesting thread! I totally agree that SRC has more than its fair share of iffy sellers. But lets not pinpoint on the sellers alone, there are also many iffy buyers out there as well.

Let us just hope that when doing sales online, people will do it with caution and hopefully, common sense (may not be as common, as one would like to think). :rolleyes:

I tink ckevin is trying to send the message that if anyone wanna sell something, try to provide as much details as possible and also recent pics to go along too....

Bro, I clicked onto one of the threads u provided and one of the sellers who wanna sell and actually got no selling price ( not confirmed ) at the point of posting?! :blink::blink:

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member

yeah man . i especially cannot tahan those that say "possible sale of equipment or livestks". I m everyone wud like to oso possible sale of corals, fishes, cars, houses etc as long as can find a sucker who'll pay them twice wat the mkt rate is hahaha. Get a life man haha

Main Tank : 48 inch by 36 inch by 28 inch (2 sides starphire glass)
Sump Tank :
Return Pump :
Chiller : Starmax Compressor 1 HP Drop coil
Chiller Return Pump
Protein Skimmer :
Wave Maker :
Fluidised Reactor :

• SRC Member
I tink ckevin is trying to send the message that if anyone wanna sell something, try to provide as much details as possible and also recent pics to go along too....

Bro, I clicked onto one of the threads u provided and one of the sellers who wanna sell and actually got no selling price ( not confirmed ) at the point of posting?! :blink::blink:

Rav,

You are right! I have deliberately mixed 2 not so ideal sales thread and 2 very good ones. I would like people to click on the links and start to ponder over what i have said. Many people, like yourself, will quickly differentiate the good from the bad without me having to point fingers. :)

I am not trying to pinpoint sellers too..but don't everyone just get pissed by stupid sales thread with ambiguous and incomplete information? Don't these sellers expect people to ask questions? Why not anticipate these questions ( come on.. it is only that few anyway) and provide them adequately and cut the sales cycle short?

I must reiterate that my comments are not directed at any individual and only the guilty should display indignance.

Regards,

Kevin

Rav,

You are right! I have deliberately mixed 2 not so ideal sales thread and 2 very good ones. I would like people to click on the links and start to ponder over what i have said. Many people, like yourself, will quickly differentiate the good from the bad without me having to point fingers. :)

I am not trying to pinpoint sellers too..but don't everyone just get pissed by stupid sales thread with ambiguous and incomplete information? Don't these sellers expect people to ask questions? Why not anticipate these questions ( come on.. it is only that few anyway) and provide them adequately and cut the sales cycle short?

I must reiterate that my comments are not directed at any individual and only the guilty should display indignance.

Regards,

Kevin

Wah bro...

wat a masterstroke!! it seems that the person you are refering to is....... :whistle:whistle

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg