My new 6x2x2.5 'FOWLR + Fake coral' tank

lkoivoon

• SRC Member

Looking at your tank design it seems like its going to be bare bottom and can also transform into a arowana tank in the future :D

BTW I have a pair of 30mm DIY durso stand pipes to let go if you're interested :P

post-34-1131508457.jpg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deltec 851 is a good choice. any pics of your skimmer? :)

Btw great set up you have.

300 Gallon Reef Paradise

6X2.5X2.5 FT Tank : 4x2x2 ft sump : 2x1x2 ft refugim

Skimmer: Deltec AP851

Calcium Reactor:

Lightings: Aqualight T5 Retrofit, 150 watt MH X2

Chiller: Hailea HC-500A model w/ Aquabee 2000

Ozonizer: Hailea HLO-300 Digital ozonizer

Wavemaker: Tunze 6080, Tunze 6060

Return Pumps: Aquabee 5000 x2

Other equipments: Aquabee 2000, Quietone 1200, 5L Co2 Cylinder w/ Dupla regulator

American Marine Wireless Thermometer

Reefing is a dedication, not a competition.

• SRC Member
Looking at your tank design it seems like its going to be bare bottom and can also transform into a arowana tank in the future :D

BTW I have a pair of 30mm DIY durso stand pipes to let go if you're interested :P

Hi bro, all piping will be done by the tank maker. Anyway thanks for the offer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

Bfore starting to post a series of photo regarding my setup and I would like to say I have gained alot of ideas seeing others setting up their tanks, especially with photos - it really help in designing and planning my new tanks.

So I would now share with you on my setup and hopefully it will help you when are planning for a new tank - (Hopefully not sabotage :lol: )

Lets start ...................

As mine is a BB tank I think it will be good to have an underflow so as to keep the base clear and for easy maintenance. The 'teeth-plate' is removable so that I can adjust the amount of underflow, for example to reduce the underflow by 50% - replacing half of the teeth-plate with a solid plate (without teeth). The same goes to the overflow.

Underflow .......

post-34-1132879392.jpg

• SRC Member

A - two overflow pipes from tank to sump.

B - I am tapping out one of the overflow pipe to drive my skimmer.

C - two return pipes from sump to tank (I am using Eheim 1060 - 2280 l/h and 1262 - 3400 l/h. Total 5680 l/h + one Tunze stream 6100 - 12,000 l/h).

D - Currently not used but standby to drive the skimmer if the tapping out of the overflow is not strong/stable enough - Point 'B' above. Can also be used to drive other equipment like FR, Nitrate filter, etc ..... so don't have to run additional pump.

post-34-1132882567.jpg