Help

tommyteo

dear brothers and sisters

any feedback on the following shops : 439 sembawang, tagore lane, and serangoon north ?

what is the all-in price for a 4 feet marine fish and coral aquarium complete with all the hardware and software ?

is chiller neccessary ?

is protein skimmer neccesary ?

is it more economical to have a 4 or 5 feet tank ?

is it much cheaper to buy piece by piece or pay for full set up ?

kindly advise.

thanks.

• SRC Member
dear brothers and sisters

any feedback on the following shops : 439 sembawang, tagore lane, and serangoon north ?

what is the all-in price for a 4 feet marine fish and coral aquarium complete with all the hardware and software ?

is chiller neccessary ?

is protein skimmer neccesary ?

is it more economical to have a 4 or 5 feet tank ?

is it much cheaper to buy piece by piece or pay for full set up ?

kindly advise.

thanks.

Don't know which shop you talking about.

hardware and software?Screen saver? :D The cost of a tank differs greatly becourse of the sheer amount of equipments.But definitely a few thousands if you are looking at the better equipments.

Chillers are not necessary if you can keep your temperature consistent at 26c.Definitely cannot exceed 30c.

Protein skimmers is the most important piece of equipment in marine tanks.Do not scrimp on this.No doubt you might have heard of people going skimmerless and their tanks are doing fine but these are far and few in between and the bioload of their tanks are quite low.

IMO,theres not much difference between 4 ft and 5 ft.

Don't understand this question.Shouldnt full setup and buying piece by piece cost the same?you just pay bit by bit.You plan carefully on what kind of tank you want and than get the equipments that suits.