My first 4x2x2.5 marine tank

fishtalk1517

• SRC Member
yeah ;)

i have a few wrasses in my tank

no prob so far ... ( touch wood ) :ph34r:

:lol::lol::lol:

Yup.... touch WOOD :fear: I've got a green wrasse, yellow wrasse, leopard wrasse and latest, a 3 inch twinspot hogfish :D

All living and swimming, hunting happily under one roof :heh:

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

Yup.... touch WOOD :fear: I've got a green wrasse, yellow wrasse, leopard wrasse and latest, a 3 inch twinspot hogfish :D

All living and swimming, hunting happily under one roof :heh:

fwah..happy family sia....

u keep cleaner shrimps? shrimps compatible w wrasse?

shrimps compatible w wrasse?

Atually depending on the relative size of the 2 specimens... if the shrimps appear to be "bite-size"... then the probably is high :( It also depends whether they have symbiotic relationship or not... I find Cleaner Shrimps are less likely to be eaten by fish :heh:

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

hi bro fishtalk! long time no see/post .. haha .. need ur advice .. as u know now i am FOWLR ... and i realise fowlr also got headache .. in considering what fish is compatible ... i read that wrasses will fight each other leh ... inside my tank only got twinspot now.. but im thinking of adding another wrasse .. u think possible ? or potential gangfight ?

• SRC Member
hi bro fishtalk! long time no see/post .. haha .. need ur advice .. as u know now i am FOWLR ... and i realise fowlr also got headache .. in considering what fish is compatible ... i read that wrasses will fight each other leh ... inside my tank only got twinspot now.. but im thinking of adding another wrasse .. u think possible ? or potential gangfight ?

Ya, long time no see. :lol: How's ur BMT ? Been raining quite a lot and does that equals to good news ? Heavy rain, no training :evil: LOL..

I've been letting go all my zoos recently so tat can have space for the sandbed. So is kinda of messy now. Tank also dirty looking leh, so didn't realy post pics :(

For wrasses, I've got 4 different kinds now and they all live happily together. As far as i know, to keep wrasse, u need to have lotsa of hiding place for them and sandbed is recommended too, although some preferred to hid in little holes :lol:

Whereas food is concerned, you can feed them with brine shrimp, mysis shrimp, and pallets too :)

some wrasses like the fairies and flashers tend to be wonderful high jumpers and as a safety measure, place a cover on the tank top :blink: . here's link to some super chio wrasses :evil::yeah::bow: Look carefully their prices too :eyeblur:

wrasses

And here's one wrasses tat sure to brightens up any tank :yeah:

post-34-1169087538.jpg

A person, himself can be his own Lawyer, but he can never be his own Judge ........

• SRC Member
Hey, why never post picture of your super big clam? Post lah.

er...e.. ah... :lol: coming up soon. This fellow is sure HUGE compare to my former squamosa :blink: Will post maybe tonight or tomoro :pinch:

So u cheonging later to Irwana again ? How's the light set ?

er...e.. ah... :lol: coming up soon. This fellow is sure HUGE compare to my former squamosa :blink: Will post maybe tonight or tomoro :pinch:

So u cheonging later to Irwana again ? How's the light set ?

Today gotta work lah although start at four. Might go down tonight to look see look see. Wanna get rid of the galaxy and replace with something else... Too much green stuff in my tank now. Hopping to get some red yumas if can find :lol: Maybe another clam?

Light is doing well. Tank looks so much brighter now. Colours of the corals are also more vivid. Hmmm... Maybe really should look into a 2ft cube tank with sump??? :heh:

:paiseh: Gimme a few more months first. If not hubby will slaughter and skin me alive for spending all that money :sick:

• SRC Member

Today gotta work lah although start at four. Might go down tonight to look see look see. Wanna get rid of the galaxy and replace with something else... Too much green stuff in my tank now. Hopping to get some red yumas if can find :lol: Maybe another clam?

Light is doing well. Tank looks so much brighter now. Colours of the corals are also more vivid. Hmmm... Maybe really should look into a 2ft cube tank with sump??? :heh:

:paiseh: Gimme a few more months first. If not hubby will slaughter and skin me alive for spending all that money :sick:

Think u better refrain from going there to " look see look see" U will sure end up with something in the end :sick:

as for the red yumas, dun think ever heard of it <_< Let go ur galaxy and maybe get some mushies, not those huge type as they will occupied big space. small and variety of colors will brightens up ur sandbed :D small collection of zoo corner will do great too. For ur tank, clams of abt 2-3 inch size is jus nice. But remember to dose calcium if u got too many clams . they need for growth too.

Lastly, think the arrival of a upgraded tank is near, might not be 2 ft and 3 ft, I guess :P If the present tank is getting the attention from of yr hubby and it irks him, better slow down and not irritates him further, else ur upgrade drean will be dashed :cry:

• SRC Member
Bro, remember to post ur latest purchase when it is in your tank ok?  :eyebrow:

aha... sure sure..... another beauty from ur collection :bow: now in the beta box, will release him into the tank maybe another few days or so :)

aha... sure sure..... another beauty from ur collection :bow: now in the beta box, will release him into the tank maybe another few days or so :)

Oh, so that's where you got the YT. How come all the reefers all stay in Sengkang one????

None in Katong meh?

• SRC Member

Oh, so that's where you got the YT. How come all the reefers all stay in Sengkang one????

None in Katong meh?

shift shift shift all to sengkang :P

and upgrade upgrade upgrade to bigger tank to satisfy ur hunger :evil:

dun u think u need to thank mi for showing you the squamosa ... haha....

haha.. when are u free ? go to ur place to see ur hum . :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

Not all sengkang reefers friendly, I am not. Y U ALL GO CHEONG NO JIO ME????

cant u remember u are not in singapore then ;)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10