Nano cube tank

jef

• SRC Member
Wow! manage to catch the damsels at last. But at the cost of removing all my liverocks and corals. Now my rock arrangement is totally differant from the original position. Just cannot remember the original positiion of all rocks. btw, will post a pic of my new look tank soon.

Haha, congrats....anyway, having a totally new look might be a good thing...post some pics up soon yah? :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those two I keep coz my daughter love them. I will monitor if they are aggresive to other fishes, than no choice lah Take them out mah!!! Btw, hows my rocks scaping, views please??????? Frankly, I think I want to re-do again. Not satisfy with it!!! :angel::angel::angel:

• SRC Member

hmm... not bad i would say.... but regarding the 2 damsels, i would seriously recommend to you that you remove them all the nxt time you do a rescape, i made the same mistake as you with my 2 damsels, i thought they are tame, but it was actually cos they were tamed by fiercer damsels, and when the fiercer ones came out, they took over the world... had to remove my rocks 3 times to remove 3 damsels. each time removed only 1. haiz.

anyway a resized foto...

post-6-1138002189.jpg

aiyoh.... I.ve been observing my 3 stripe and tellow tail for a while and guess what?? They are now the new gangsters in the tank. What should I do huh??? So far, all the other fishes are ok and are able to avoid attacks from them. But I wonder for how long???? please advise.............................. :o:o:o

aiyoh.... I.ve been observing my 3 stripe and tellow tail for a while and guess what?? They are now the new gangsters in the tank. What should I do huh??? So far, all the other fishes are ok and are able to avoid attacks from them. But I wonder for how long???? please advise.............................. :o:o:o

damsels are usually agressive , it's their nature to gain territory.

once the community get use to it , they will know where and how to avoid it .\

if not , seriously u have to catch that bugger which will be a pain in the butt as it is almost impossible . get a fish trap or hah ... remove all ur rock??

no body will want to do that though .. :)

2x1.5x1.5 tank

Lighting: AI hydra 52HD

Skimmer: Deltec SC 1455

Reactor: Minimax; rowaphos

Skimz  ; NP biopellets

Wave Maker: MP 40 WQD

Return pump: Eheim 1262

Chiller: Arctica 1/10 hp

A righteous man cares for the needs of his animal, but the kindest acts of the wicked are cruel -- Proverbs 12:10

• SRC Member

yep damsels naturally aggressive. if i'm not wrong, clownfishes are also in the damselfishes family...the yellow tail is supposed to be one of the more tamed damsels i think.

Have heard stories of reefers actually having to fish the damsels out...as in really use hook and line.

• SRC Member

well.... my royal dottyback murdered 4 firegobies, 1 watchman goby dats 3 times the size of it, and a white goby twice the length of it... literally chased it out of the tank... worked hand in hand with my honey damsel... so far everything dat died are all gobies... with 1 exception.. sobz...

• SRC Member

no la bro... i asked around so much before i get the fellas, but then, i just happen to have the fiercest varient of the dottybacks, and the fierciest amongst the royal dottybacks. haiz. wanted to remove it, but then my gf loves it... its her fav actually... sobz.

• SRC Member
then buy a small tank and make her a nano with that fish inside lah lol....my gf also last time see marine so pretty. then in the end my interest shoot up she lose interest. anyway we better stop diluting the thread hehe

LoL...its my wife who got me interested in marine too. Now im more crazy in it than her... :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

hi Guys, well to join you all, me here the same too. Its my daughter who got me to buy her the nanocube coz she likes the marine fishes. Now Im more crazier than her. But actually ah!! its a good hobby. If not I just laze around every weekends coz I work five days week mah. Now at least I can do something to the tank eg....change water lah, clean here and there, go to fish farm with my daughter. It makes us closer together... ha...ha ;);)