A Newbie's Tank ... My 1St

Qxnviolet

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
Hiya shoelevy,

Points noted but my cleaner has been doing extremely well, feeding on virtually anything from pellets to mysis and brine. But will take note on their poor survivability and see if my does well. Hrmz, which are the jewel corals you are referring to? As for the yellow clown goby, have already netted it and placed it in a betta box. Will prob put it up for adoption soon. Thanks for all the advice! :) RedDevils, thanks for passing by!

excellent news to hear about the cleaner wrasse's well being...that's great news

hopefully it will grow till rip old age...wrasse with beard? :lol:

it was already eating when you buoght it or you weaned it?

• SRC Member

haha.. i got a cleaner wrasse at home also, and its also eating everything under the sun... provided its small enough for it to mouth... anyway, dun ever let henry hear that, cos he will juz point to his cleaner wrasse and say, who says they cant be fed! his is like so fat and round lor.. haha.. growing wifh his special mix...

• SRC Member

Shoe....didn't took it long for it to start feeding....but noticed that it's appetite is getting bigger n bigger by the day. Guess im lucky and got one with a huge appetite....hopes my bali one follows suit. A wrasse with beard? Now that would be somehthing special..... :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

• SRC Member

Thanks colin n firestarz for your compliments and for passing by. :lol:

Shoe, im just wondering how well a royal gramma will fit into my system? Whether it's hard to maintain or aggressive. Maybe i'll get one and put it in a quarrantine tank 1st. These fishes are hard to come by....anyway, thanks for your advice! :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

Colin, you arent doing too bad with your 2 FT either. I think the rockscape is pretty nice with lots of room for your fishes. I had a 1 1/2 FT thats nowhere near the standard of your 2 FT. Anyway, the bigger the tank, the more room you have to play with.

The boxfish is my wife's fav....but just as a note of advice, its not really reef safe. I got lucky with mine, doesn't disturb my corals at all. Pretty fasinating fish, it'll do this little dance in front of the tank to entice you to feed it. Hehe..... :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

• SRC Member

ha thanx bro, i think its just the shape of the rocks that is making it all look nice.. and i kinda like my new tank, cos a plenty lot of spaces for the fishes to swim! haha.. oh i wanted to get a box fish too, but then, i am worried that my dottyback will stress it to the point of death like it does to every other fish... haiz.

• SRC Member

I had a dottyback once too.....together with 2 blue devils....sheesh, what a mess...it seems like a warzone with them in my previous tank. My yellow n purple tangs are fighting in my new tank too. ZzzZZz...anyone has any idea how to reduce the aggression? Any oh, would appreciate any info/comments on a brazillian royal gramma....planning to have one...thanks guys! :lol:

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog