Prices at Tampines Mall B1 Fishshop  

263 members have voted

1. 1. Prices at Tampines Mall B1 Fishshop

• INSANE!
    • Expensive
    • Competitive
    • Affordable
    • CHEAPEST!

ya true so if they wanna be a big time LFS or a scamer is up to them how they do their bussines to maintain and more reefer will patronise them more

price is one thing best of more is honest not just sell and get the money in first later loss of customer

what most stupid of me i belive in what they show me all the old receipt they kept of how pro they're but i nvr chk they date then it true or not unknown

but most of LFS in our market still very healthy (unlike certain shop) to go cause try m***y**a u feel quite insane price and knowleage almost know nothing

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
ya true so if they wanna be a big time LFS or a scamer is up to them how they do their bussines to maintain and more reefer will patronise them more

price is one thing best of more is honest not just sell and get the money in first later loss of customer

what most stupid of me i belive in what they show me all the old receipt they kept of how pro they're but i nvr chk they date then it true or not unknown

but most of LFS in our market still very healthy (unlike certain shop) to go cause try m***y**a u feel quite insane price and knowleage almost know nothing

I never realised that Pet Lover's Centre sold marine LS... :rolleyes:

But the LFS at PS B2 is realler expensive....Turbo Snails @ $16.90 each, juve common clowns @ $7.90, Bubble Tip Anemone @ $25 - 45 depending on size... :pirate: They recently opened a new store at Central basement...Dunno how they can survive with the ridiculous prices they are quoting... :eyeblur:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

These shops are into impulsive buy scenarios - Family shopping in mall then kid throws tantrum and the parents are left with no choice but succumb or be subjects of stare and whisper contest from strangers. GF/BF thought Nemo was really cute and BF/GF must buy to appease the other party.

There is endless supply of such scenarios so they are able to sustain their trade.

They don't look into long term relationships like the responsible farms and LFS.

A Green Mandarin for 49.95, anyone?

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member
These shops are into impulsive buy scenarios - Family shopping in mall then kid throws tantrum and the parents are left with no choice but succumb or be subjects of stare and whisper contest from strangers. GF/BF thought Nemo was really cute and BF/GF must buy to appease the other party.

There is endless supply of such scenarios so they are able to sustain their trade.

They don't look into long term relationships like the responsible farms and LFS.

A Green Mandarin for 49.95, anyone?

Their new shop at Central is also selling hamsters... :whistle They are also selling a lot of nano tanks... :pirate:

Looking at their LS prices, they are easily 2-8 times more expensive than other LFS...I got my bubble tip anemone for my maron clown for $25 at JM but they quoted me $45 for one that was smaller than the one I bought at JM.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
are they the same owner as plaza singapura and clarke quay central mall? a domino damsel cost $16.00 and a coral beauty cost $45.00!

Yes, they are by the same owner... :eyeblur:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• 1 month later...

the poor blue tang lost his fins and the skin have tore off but no one cares ....

very sad

:cry: :cry:

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

i saw that shop in ps ... saw some clowns, damsels, some angels and the expensive mandarin. i asked one guy so if i want to buy some, which are the ones i can mix, or not due to bullying or fighting, he said " all salt water fish can mix what, everything you see here can mix .... " though still saw people buying, mostly kids with their parents, wanting to own cute clowns ... sigh :paiseh: hope they survive.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

reading through the thread, so was there a poll made on LFSs before ? or maybe that would be unfair to some of our sponsors ? just good information for still fresh newbies, like me :rolleyes:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

reading through the thread, so was there a poll made on LFSs before ? or maybe that would be unfair to some of our sponsors ? just good information for still fresh newbies, like me :rolleyes:

You would like to start a world war 4?

:eyeblur:

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
i saw that shop in ps ... saw some clowns, damsels, some angels and the expensive mandarin. i asked one guy so if i want to buy some, which are the ones i can mix, or not due to bullying or fighting, he said " all salt water fish can mix what, everything you see here can mix .... " though still saw people buying, mostly kids with their parents, wanting to own cute clowns ... sigh :paiseh: hope they survive.

Why would you even want to consider buying anything from there, considering that the prices are so much more expensive than other LFSes.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Why would you even want to consider buying anything from there, considering that the prices are so much more expensive than other LFSes.

yup, just so happened i came out from the mrt going to ps, then saw that shop ... can already see the prices quite expensive ... i just asked to see how the service guys were. and with that kind of answer seems they just want to sell. but like i said, the others there buying seems not into the hobby and just buying for their kids' "wants".

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
yup, just so happened i came out from the mrt going to ps, then saw that shop ... can already see the prices quite expensive ... i just asked to see how the service guys were. and with that kind of answer seems they just want to sell. but like i said, the others there buying seems not into the hobby and just buying for their kids' "wants".

Shops like these mainly cater to impulse buys or parents who are forced to buy because their children see how cute nemo is... :pirate:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member
Shops like these mainly cater to impulse buys or parents who are forced to buy because their children see how cute nemo is... :pirate:

and they do buy ! that time saw 3 pairs of juvenile clowns taken separately ... $12.90 each if i recall correctly.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
and they do buy ! that time saw 3 pairs of juvenile clowns taken separately ... $12.90 each if i recall correctly.

At other LFS each would be much cheaper than that ridiculous price... :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Incompetent staff, insane prices and overstocked tanks.

When I'd told one of the staff(middle aged woman) several months ago that their fish had ICH, she said "Yah! Neb-ber-mine! Later we clean!". When I told her it'd infect her other stock she said "Yah lah! Later clean lor!". Which I think justifies the 'incompetent' comment.

And if you think the $80 brown cup was bad, try the gasping/dying $60 T. crocea. Which was dead and still on sale the next day. And that to me is in$ane.

As for the belief that high trafic mean expensive prices, that's a gross misunderstanding of economics, High Volume = Low Price to the BUYER. High Volume = Hight Demand = High Rental to a TENANT. Besides, there are several high volume businesses that operate successfully at low prices I.e. C328, Giant Hypermart, McDonalds.

Either way, I don't see that shop surviving for more than a year. So lets just all wait for the big closing sale :P

You can reach me at 98627310

• SRC Member

The power of reverse negative marketing strategy.

Flames causing attention resulting in possible business. LOL

Have not been there. But for the owner to open a few branches means his doing pretty well.

I once saw a lady bought a whole tank of common clownfish, she then told her son " Son, we shall fill our empty tank up and adding a tablespoon of salt should be enough for these Nemos" I swear tears nearly came out from my ears at that point of time.

Different shops have different target audience, you MAY find something you need from there but the appeal is not on the experienced reefers.

Dont be too upset guys! Earth still has to spin around the sun.

lets have a Weekend outing then... TM + That japanese marche place + Uniglo(best seawater absorbent material)

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

It is good that reefer share their experience here, but please do not over do it. We will close this topic for now , and I believe every shop got it's pro and cons on their ways of running their business to meet their bottom line.

I do have had similar experience cases of incompetent LFS as well, but i do believe that they do not deserve to be pin point to such an extent on the forum .