2ft Tank + 2ft Refugium

Jun Hong

HUSBANDRY ROUTINE:

-40% water change bi-weekly using Coralife salt + DO water. Will change to Coral Marine salt (score 79 marks on S-15 report) once existing Coralife salt used up.

:peace:

Hi,

Did read up somewhere here that changing to different type of salt mix can affect the tank mates . .. ..

er .. who was it . . ..

if i'm not wrong AT had such an experience .. . . . once . ..

• SRC Member

Hi Bro Jun Hong, It's indeed a nice tank. :bow: Can you describe a little bit more regarding the Gravity forced wafer from yout main tank to refugium? will be good if you can post some pic of it? what brand of return pump are you using? also what brand and model for canister filiter? thanks :thanks:

• SRC Member

Hi, Sam always

The gravity forced water flow means the water that overflow from the main tank via I-box (overflow box) is guided by a pipe to refugium. See attached picture.

If you are interested in I-box, please contact Edmund (the forum sponsor) ;)

The canister is Eheim 2222 model. Senior reefer would advise that canister is nitrate factory, so please use sump or refugium as filter instead of canister. I am also thinking of take out all the filter media in the canister and use it for water circulation only. Any comments from senior reefer. :bow:

post-34-1065492466.jpg

• SRC Member
QUOTE (Jun Hong @ Oct 1 2003, 02:18 PM)

HUSBANDRY ROUTINE:

-40% water change bi-weekly using Coralife salt + DO water. Will change to Coral Marine salt (score 79 marks on S-15 report) once existing Coralife salt used up.

Hi,

Did read up somewhere here that changing to different type of salt mix can affect the tank mates . .. ..

er .. who was it . . ..

if i'm not wrong AT had such an experience .. . . . once . ..

Hi, Shark,

I also read someone claim that changing to different type of salt mix can upset the water paramaters. Tanzy also advise those use conventional salt (Coralife, Kent Marine and etc) better don't switch to the unconventional salt (Marine Environment, coral marine salt). :huh:

On the other hand, some reefers say they see positive result when switched to coral marine salt. :)

So I may switch to Coral marine salt slowly (20% biweekly) until whole tank water is totally switched to new salt water. Will report the reponse of life stock when switch salt mix. ;)

• SRC Member

Hi, Sinner

Please refer to the attached diagram. If water in the sump drop below certain level, float switch will close and DC current will flow via the magnetic coil of the relay and switch inside the relay will close. It will then turn on the air pump. The Air pump will keep on pumping air into the water container and create air pressure to push water coming out from another tube and flow into the sump. Water level will then raise. The water level will raise until the float switch become open again. Hope you can understand what I meant. ;)

post-34-1065685406.jpg