Need advice on my tank

• SRC Member

I have got this big damsel with me for sometime already. Recently bought a Salfin Tang but kanna attack by that damsel until fins all torn. very sad abt it.

Should I take out the damsel and give away or is there anyother solution? I tried catching it but quite impossible leh.

• SRC Member

how big is your tank? if its like mine, 2 footer, i recommend you to remove all the LR and catch it... i did it 4 times to date, to remove 3 damsels and 1 dottyback... my dottyback is now caged up... in my tank too... if its bigger, use a fish trap...

• SRC Member

bro...u might wanna set a trap during feeding time...then all e fishes in e net..hahaha...slowly one by one seperate em out...might jus work...my gluttons wld even feed off my hand now...hahaha...food...make e fishes go wild!! :D

• SRC Member

haha...actually is 3...sigh..... :cry: ... 1 clown, 1 sand sifting blenny n 1 chromis...

e first 2 are victims or a glutton anemone!! arghz!! :angry: arghz...ate em up!!!

e chromis die cos i dunno why...bought a pair of em...e other look sickly at first...drop a few scales...but surviving until now...and really eatin like pigs...hahaha...

yeh my misforunate events wif marine life...but it really gave me lotsa to shout abt..will post pics up soon..and share abt my tank!!! hahaha..

• SRC Member

my tank is 2 feet only but i really dun wanna take out my LR and mess up everything. hmm i heard of fish trap too. is it effective? where can I get it?

btw, where can i give away that damsel? (i dunno huh) is freeing it into the sea not rite?

• SRC Member

Fish trap best DIYed.

Run a search in the forum. Many people posted on how to make one before. Otherwise can google it. Sure can find something one. Be more paitent and learn to find things on your own.

You can just post it FOC on the swop or pasar malam sub-forum. Im sure there will be takers. Otherwise u can donate to LFS that you bought from, if you do not want to kill it. Should be alright to release to sea. But i will not encourage it. better off giving back to LFS or other reefers who might want it.

*translated from Hokkien*

"If say no bang wall, this idiot will never ripen" - Mr Quah Siew Kow.

ha..ha Damsels are a smart fish. I dont think fish trap will be enough to temp them. Bro, I waited for two hours with my net to catch them and all they did is just hide under those rocks. Take my advised.... take all your liverocks out then you'll be able to catch them.( thats what I do ) Don't even think off leaving a single rock inside your tank coz they will try to hide under it too. Happy fishing. :lol::lol:

Btw, u can give your damsels back to the fish shop. They'll take it. I gave mine away to the shop. But if you got anyone that is willing to take your damsel, You should give it to them instead of the fish shop.