When cycling tank .. wad r the things to do?

Eh ... biohome? .. care to explain?

Check out my thread: WATER WATER WATER

Some bros find it useful

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

• SRC Member

Oh .. i thought its like soil or something .. haha.

Eh .. bro .. my tempt these few days at 27+ to 28 degrees with both my cl85 n fan running .. seems like the weather super hot .. luckily now still no fishes .. eh .. any suggestions from bros on wad i can do other then hook on a new chiller more powerful then the cl85 cos now no $ le.

Yeah the weather is like killing me... was at Orchard yesterday... just don't feel like shopping at all!

Yes Firestarz, I think the CL85 is definitely too underpower for your setup. Luckily I didn't buy it as Reborn assured me it's good for my setup, knowing I will introduce MH (MH I bought from them).

IMO 28ºC to 29ºC is still acceptable. So take some burden off your chiller and set for 28ºC lo. The lower you set, the more harder your CL85 have to work... poor thing. Of course it all depends on your room temp also la. So if your room is around 29ºC, then set to 28ºC is good. No point going any lower, the heat from the room will quickly get into the tank and the chiller will kick start again... and the cycle will go on 24/7.

Bro Oxnviolet, is it ok if I maintain my tank at 28ºC - 29ºC? I will be keeping zoos, shrooms and some hardy corals (mainly shallow water corals). I can't stand the sound of the chiller... like running a washing machine in the study room.

Tank 60x40x40 Optiwhite Glass Tank Sump Elos 500 w/ Tunze Overflow Protein Skimmer Skimz Kone SK1 Return Pump Hydor Seltz L30 Wavemaker Hydor K1 Illumination 150W + 2 T5 Chiller Arctica 1/5hp w/ Aquabee 1000 Water Top-up Tunze Osmolator Dosing Pumps Grotech 3-Channels Calcium Reactor Deltec PF 501 Computer Aquatronica

Thanks bro! I will keep to that temp. Yalor... the noise... yesterday, I was reading a book near my tank (try reading under 14000ºK MH) and suddenly "kena-shock" by the chiller! lol

And I have to use music to mask the sound of the chiller a bit... although no one complain yet la... but have to be considerate also ma... it's a torture actually for those who is not into the hobby... the sticky floor, the sound, the smell (sometimes) and etc. Agree?

• SRC Member

Lol .. iu think my whole family is used to the cl85 noise already .. its on for 24/7 .. i noe this isnt good but i hav no choice .. the tempt nvr allows my chiller to sleep .. yea i set to 28 these few days.

I cant get a better ciller as my mum doesnt like the heat .. she says no heat as much as possible n she was at aquamarine when i was reccommanded to use the cl85 .. my mum was like so interested .. i cant do a thing .. so no choice ..

Hmm .. anyone kept seafans? .. juz wondering wad would b a good tempt for it.

• SRC Member
Thanks bro! I will keep to that temp. Yalor... the noise... yesterday, I was reading a book near my tank (try reading under 14000ºK MH) and suddenly "kena-shock" by the chiller! lol

And I have to use music to mask the sound of the chiller a bit... although no one complain yet la... but have to be considerate also ma... it's a torture actually for those who is not into the hobby... the sticky floor, the sound, the smell (sometimes) and etc. Agree?

Haha, personally i cant stand the heat of MH lights, but i love the shimmering effect...makes a reef tank looks much more natural...

Have to agree with you that it'll be a torture for those totally uninterested in the hobby, but then most ppl will fall in love with it once you've have it properly setup. Its a great conversation piece. :)

My Newbie Tank Thread

My Blog

All pics taken with CanoN!~

Haha, personally i cant stand the heat of MH lights, but i love the shimmering effect...makes a reef tank looks much more natural...

Have to agree with you that it'll be a torture for those totally uninterested in the hobby, but then most ppl will fall in love with it once you've have it properly setup. Its a great conversation piece. :)

Oh yeah... I can't wait for that day to convince my other-half... lol

That's life I guess, you like something, you dislike something and there's nothing you can do about it :angel:

MH is the biggest achievement in my mod NC IMO, so no matter what, the light will stay, lol. Yeah the shimmering effect on the rocks and floor bed, priceless!